The best V shaped headphones under 100 $
Mar 20, 2013 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Knockout

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am looking for a good Vshaped headphones for a friend of mine. The following are my requirements.

Should be compatible with all smart phones (Nexus 4)
Great highs and lows
Decent Mids

I had seen a few reviews for Grado SR60i and IGrado and they sound convincing. But my options are still open. Any suggestions for the preferable place (Online or Store purchase) to buy from would be welcoming. Need your advice!!

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 5
The JVC S500's might fit your requirements. The Grados don't have great highs and lows in my opinion. The highs are too fatiguing and the lows are a little lacking (they roll-off quickly and don't represent sub-bass well).

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
The JVC S500's might fit your requirements. The Grados don't have great highs and lows in my opinion. The highs are too fatiguing and the lows are a little lacking (they roll-off quickly and don't represent sub-bass well).

Thanks Tsujigiri. Is there any other Vs that are worth having a look at?

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

The JVC S500 looks good but I can't find too many reviews out for this model. I am not able to find any requency response graphs for them too. Is it good to go for S500s?

Mar 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Check the S500 appreciation thread if you want more info on them. There are a lot of people posting their impressions there rather than starting new threads with reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back