The best solution for gaming
May 28, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #166 of 183
If anyones interested - for Auzentech Bravura and Forte using headphones up to 300 Ohm is 100% ok, using 600 Ohm can result in lower volume level (but it should be ok even then).

Thats what Auzentech says (I asked them cause I was curious :D).

May 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #167 of 183

How does the Denon AH-D1001 stack up to others?

do people not like it because of its on ear design?

haven't heard the Denons yet but they are supposedly similar to the SRH750 DJ. Which is excellet fr music... But haven't tried in games. I don't think it would be better than the M50, which really isn't a match for the DT770.

Not a very concise response I realize but I simply haven't herd the Denons.

May 29, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #168 of 183

Quote:
I'm on XP and I always keep it unchecked. Better to let the Auzentech drivers do the work independent of the control panel. This holds true for 5.1 sound with speakers, by the way.

The reason I specify that just setting the game to 7.1 is enough in 7 is that the option to keep it out of sync is gone in 7. CMSS-Virtual (Which I have just remembered is the correct term for the X-Fi's HRTF) seems to work just fine leaving the control panel like it is, if I were to venture a guess as to why I would guess that it has something to do with Wasapi.

Anyway, if I were to use the X-Fi as a transport to an external DAC (Lets say like the Audio gd Sparrow, for an example of the type of device we're talking about here), is switching between optical out and the X-Fi's speaker out involve very much menu shuffling? I ask because a few days ago a Chrome tab randomly decided to output its audio to my motherboard's integrated optical out (which I currently have nothing connected to), and the only way I could figure out how to make it stop was to disable it. I can't help but think that it's going to be a bit of a head ache to get audio going where I want it to. I'm beginning to think I should just get an Auzentech card and call it good.  

May 29, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #169 of 183
You don't need to go into a menu at all to switch between optical and speaker analogue out. The Auzen outputs both simultaneously. Whatever is connected to the Auzen, will get sound out of it.

May 29, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #170 of 183
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efdss/home.aspx

DO WANT! A new Dolby Headphone amp has emerged! $89

The Turtle Beach  Ear Force DSS! It even has bass boost! I wonder how it stacks up against the mixamp.

Guys, I think we may have Mixamp beater...or rather a cheaper alternative this could be the product I'M looking for. :D

Don't know about voice/chat though... I'm gonna assume you'll need to plug in your mics straight to the 360 (and I believe the PS3's mic will be fine as this has USB passthrough).

edit: It's lacking quite a bit of inputs, mainly digital coaxial (which I'm using for my PS3 to Mixamp), and better RCA analog inputs (use it on my mixamp for the Wii), instead of a cheap 3.5mm input...

I'm not quite sure of this product, but it is a viable alternative to those who don't mind the lack of inputs. I wonder how well the bass boost works...

Still, this is the CHEAPEST route into headphone gaming in surround sound, and I'm sure the processing is just as good as the ones in the Mixamp and AX720's amp. I'm guessing it's cheaper because of the lack of inputs and built-in voice/chat mixer, the latter not being important to me.

May 30, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #171 of 183
HEYYYYYY that looks exactly like what I was looking for!!!!

I've long wanted a headphone amp with Dolby in it. But... I just realized it's not portable? Runs off USB? Aww. Well still I've been wanting something like the Mixamp that isn't the Mixamp.... might get one of these for the team.

May 30, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #172 of 183

Quote:
If anyones interested - for Auzentech Bravura and Forte using headphones up to 300 Ohm is 100% ok, using 600 Ohm can result in lower volume level (but it should be ok even then).

Thats what Auzentech says (I asked them cause I was curious :D).

Yeah, they might be able to power the volume up, but doesn't mean they're driving them well

And ooo, go for it Mochan, take one for the team :D

May 30, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #173 of 183
I likely will... just give me some time because I spent a lot on audio gear already this month. Need time to regenerate my war funds. :D

I got 5 different pieces of gear this month. 1 has already arrived (Little Dot Q) waiting for 4 more. uDAC is arriving sometime this week and it's going to be a similar item to the EarForce. But whereas the uDAC is a superb "straight DAC" something like the EarForce might be interesting because it does Dolby HP natively. That's something I've always wanted!

May 31, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #174 of 183
I don't think the DSS is a USB Dac. I think it's simply a portable Dolby headphone processor with a weak built-in amp. I'm gonna guess that the amp is as weak as the Mixamps if not weaker.

May 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #175 of 183
Where is the option to un-synchronize sound from control panel? been searching for a while now and can't find it. Vista 32 bit.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #176 of 183
Not on Vista unfortunately. But IIRC you can find the option in the soundcard's software control panel, not in Window's control panel.

Regarding the Earforce... you're right it's not, the USB is only for power! This thing all of a sudden became a lot less useful to me. Can still use it with analogue mini to mini out, but not quite as enticing. But since I have a uDAC coming up, can probably just use the uDAC to output to the Earforce for Dolby out. Well it's a thought. I'll think about this later, not planning to buy one yet anyway.

Jun 21, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #177 of 183
good points made about the  DT770s, too bad the left driver started  rattling on my pair about 1 year  ago :frowning2: I'm waiting on a pair of ultrasone pro 900, given how much cost they SHOULD  be able to  better them in any way possible, btw  "home theater" in BC2 PC is just an EQ preset, just like wartapes, leave it to   HIFI and  change speakercount to 6 from the settings.ini instead.  

edit : madlust, how does the wii sound on the  mixamp  ? do you use  stereo setting  or dolby pro logic II ?  have you  tried  playing metroid or any other FPSs  on it ?  were you able to hear  footsteps  behind you etc ? 

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #178 of 183
@ SoFGR, thanks a bunch for that by the way, I spent hours searching for the ultimate headphone surround setup, and found absolutely zilch in terms of answers (BC2). Honestly, I would have never gotten an answer, thanks for that dude.

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #179 of 183

Quote:
good points made about the  DT770s, too bad the left driver started  rattling on my pair about 1 year  ago :frowning2: I'm waiting on a pair of ultrasone pro 900, given how much cost they SHOULD  be able to  better them in any way possible, btw  "home theater" in BC2 PC is just an EQ preset, just like wartapes, leave it to   HIFI and  change speakercount to 6 from the settings.ini instead.  

edit : madlust, how does the wii sound on the  mixamp  ? do you use  stereo setting  or dolby pro logic II ?  have you  tried  playing metroid or any other FPSs  on it ?  were you able to hear  footsteps  behind you etc ? 

Set your Wii to Dolby Pro Logic II, even when you have it hooked up to a TV. The TV decodes Pro Logic II to play in Stereo sources. There's absolutely no reason to not have Pro Logic II enabled. As for the Mixamp itself, Pro Logic II sounds about 85% as good as Dolby Digital itself. You will get a convincing surround effect on your Wii games. Don't worry, and have fun!

I remember plugging in my PS3 via RCA and playing some old PS2 games that had Pro Logic II. They sounded awesome in DPII through the Mixamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back