The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jan 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 1,354
the R10s look like tits coming out of your ears!  they sure do look nice in the box or on a stand, though... 

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #18 of 1,354
The title of most beautiful belongs to the Audio Technica ATH-W2002.  The coolest is the Qualia, while the most luxurious belongs to the L3000.  The R10 is also has great aesthetics but the grossy wood finished on the W2002 is just very beautiful to look at.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #20 of 1,354
Quote:
the R10s look like tits coming out of your ears! 

and the problem with that is ..... ?
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #21 of 1,354

Quote:
the K1000 are the most hideous, dorky looking headphones ever (right after the Jecklin Floats).  you guys need to wake up from your head-fi dreamland and try looking in the mirror while wearing them! 

I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself.  But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 1,354
Quote:
Quote:
the K1000 are the most hideous, dorky looking headphones ever (right after the Jecklin Floats).  you guys need to wake up from your head-fi dreamland and try looking in the mirror while wearing them!

I have never had the opportunity to hear these cans myself.  But are you supposed to wear them like this, or with the driver flat on your ear?

yup. the angle of the panels is variable which allows you to adjust the size of the soundstage as well as the impact of the bass response. these are essentially mini speakers that you were on your head, rather than regular headphones, and are widely regarding as having the biggest soundstage in headphonedom, even more so than the senn hd800.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #23 of 1,354
The fugliest of all are the Stax Sigma and I say that even though I love these phones, think they are at the very top of the list and I often prefer my Sigma/404 to the Stax 007A..  The picture is another headfier BTW.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #24 of 1,354
Sony MDR-PFR V1.....Like they say, beauty is in the ear of the beholder!!!!

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #25 of 1,354

I'd concur with your first responder. Despite looking like a sack of potatoes (or maybe because) I care a good deal about how things I wear look. So it's not just important to me that headphones I venture outside with look good on their own, it's important that headphones look good on the head. A lot of headphones look good on their own. However I've found that few manage to look truly good on-head.

And I'd say the top contenders out of everything I've had are the aforementioned Sony Qualia 010 (I believe I was, and still am, the only person to create the Q010SL. If you do happen to pick one up for portable use, I can give you a suitable cable), and some way behind, the Ultrasone Edition 8. Nothing else gets close IMO. While the MDR-SA series are supposed to be fairly close cousins of the Qualia, unfortunately the design changes (for the practical better actually, given the Q's severe limitations) dork things up on-head.

The W2002 is one of the best looking by itself IMO. The effect of sunlight on echizen lacquer is pretty spectacular. But on the head... not so hot.

Quote:
What are the best-looking headphones out there?

I want to buy some to show off to my friends - I already have a pair of 7506's that I am very satisfied with, but they're not the most visually appealing. So I just want to buy a purely cosmetic pair that looks AMAZING. I don't care if they sound like crap. I'm willing to spend a lot of money, by the way.

I know, I'm materialistic, etc., but I really want some. I am already satisfied sound-wise, but I also want a pair that just looks like pure awesome.

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #28 of 1,354

Users who are viewing this thread

Back