The best In-ear/Headphones available for heavy music?
Apr 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cobrinha

New Head-Fier
So it's my birthday coming up in afew days and with the money i would love to buy some new in-earphones or headphones as im abit tired of the soundmagic PL50's, not the best.
But anyway please let me know the best product available for listening to heavy music with really high and low parts, basically full volume but keeps the quality good. If it matters to anyone the music i listen to is all 320kbps, i dont have a flac player on my ipod.
One last thing, my price range is around $150 plus postage as im in the uk so will have to ship here too.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 11
There is no such thing as the best. They all have pros and cons. Also, I'm sorry to come off like I'm preaching but listening to phones at full volume is not a good idea if you want to enjoy music for a lifetime. Take a look at this thread for a good start on some suggestions. :) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-162-iems-compared-kozee-infinity-x1-earsonics-sm2-added-04-16

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
There is no such thing as the best. They all have pros and cons. Also, I'm sorry to come off like I'm preaching but listening to phones at full volume is not a good idea if you want to enjoy music for a lifetime. Take a look at this thread for a good start on some suggestions.
smily_headphones1.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-162-iems-compared-kozee-infinity-x1-earsonics-sm2-added-04-16

Yeah, i should have worded abit better, i was too busy trying to get everything in without writing too much. When i say best i mean like the top range sound quality ones, i dont care about looks etc. Yeah, it is quite a bad idea, one of my many weaknesses. 

Thanks alot for the link, could you recommend any specific ones for me?

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 11
Out of the iems in my signature I like the CK10 the most. But, everyone hears things differently or they prefer a different sound signature. What sounds good to me may sound horrible to you. Read through the link above, its very helpful. Afterwards when you've narrowed your choices to a few models you can then ask specific questions or for recommendations. In the end you'll make a wiser purchase instead of buying something quickly on impulse and then find out you are not happy with it. Good luck and welcome to head-fi. :)

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 11
So far i've narrowed it down to Radius HP-TWF11R Pro “DDM”   or the   Audio-Technica ATH-CK10

Both look great but the ck10s appeal more to me besides the price difference of like $100, hmmm. 
confused.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
So far i've narrowed it down to Radius HP-TWF11R Pro “DDM”   or the   Audio-Technica ATH-CK10

Both look great but the ck10s appeal more to me besides the price difference of like $100, hmmm. 
confused.gif

If you like plentiful bass quantity, the CK-10 are probably not going to satisfy.  Read Joker's Multiple IEM Thread for some other ideas on what phones will suit your personal listening needs.

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 11
Panasonic hje900's are flat out the best distortion guitar IEM's. Period. But you can only buy then used resonably. Should be around $100 used. Otherwise I recommend the JVC HA-FX700's but you have to buy from a Japanese importer.

Ultimate Ears TF10's are good too. Can be had for $160 or so used, if you prefer a BA sound.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 11
I agree with the comments above, the CK10 are not for someone that likes a lot bass. Even the Westone 4 are bordering a little too much for me. Sadly I can't recommend one. Maybe the Monster Turbines? They seem pretty popular among bass lovers.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 11
Lets not forget about the great Atrio m5 (mg7 driver)
wink_face.gif
. Those are $180 MSRP and can be found on the forums for considerably less. @shotgunshane: I thought you would suggest those over the HJE900s from what I read in your previous comments on older threads lol
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #11 of 11
Lets not forget about the great Atrio m5 (mg7 driver)
wink_face.gif
. Those are $180 MSRP and can be found on the forums for considerably less. @shotgunshane: I thought you would suggest those over the HJE900s from what I read in your previous comments on older threads lol
tongue.gif

For metal or hard rock, I'd recommend the Panny's over the Atrios. I cannot say enough how good those are with distortion guitar and they are fast. The Atrios I really like with classic rock. Typically that genre is slower and is not often mastered with much bass. The Atrios make up for that beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back