The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Jul 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #106 of 154
Quote:

I disagree.  F%*$ "the journey", which is really just consumerism disguised by music enjoyment.  You're better off getting something you'll like, and just enjoying it instead of buying tons of mediocre products and getting sidetracked and obsessed with the gear/consumer side of music.  If he can afford an LCD-2, he should just get it, who cares if he doesn't wind up appreciating it as much as you would after struggling through crap gear for years and saving up.  He'll get to know the goodness it offers in time, or better yet, it will be good enough that it will never get in the way, and he can just enjoy his tunes and forget about the gear. 

It's funny, but in this case paying more like this could lead to less consumerism.  Of course, he could just be buying it for the status of an expensive phone.  But in the end, is that any shallower than the gear junkie with 20 pairs of crappy 100 dollar phones? 

Also, I know some very knowledgable people who do not like the K3003.  Sounds like he wanted nothing but a status symbol, but I'm just saying. 

Just a thought 
wink.gif

And yes, I agree to your whole idea of consumerism. But let's be honest here, it's because of consumerism we have the forum Head-Fi with lots of sponsors who lead this "consumerism" and without these companies and sponsors we wouldn't really have this large of a community. But as the world turns, there are always going to be different thoughts and opinions and this was my chance to contribute some of my opinions about my ways of enjoying Head-Fi related stuff. I appreciate your thoughts and I hope you appreciate mine, even though you disagree with what I have to say.

Also, I am one of those people who doesn't like the K3003i. Instead, I found the PFE232s to be better. 

Cheers

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #107 of 154
Wait. The OP stated the phones needed to accommodate gaming 50% of the time and the first response was a recommendation for the LCD-2/3? What? You guys need to STOP recommending headphones you clearly have no experience with. I hope this buyer has factored a neck brace into the budget for those long gaming sessions with the LCD-2. LOL.

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #108 of 154
Quote:
Wait. The OP stated the phones needed to accommodate gaming 50% of the time and the first response was a recommendation for the LCD-2/3? What? You guys need to STOP recommending headphones you clearly have no experience with. I hope this buyer has factored a neck brace into the budget for those long gaming sessions with the LCD-2. LOL.

I literally just burst out laughing...thank you.

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #109 of 154
Quote:

LMAO!

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #111 of 154
Quote:

lmaoooooooooo

Jul 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #112 of 154
Quote:

I disagree.  F%*$ "the journey", which is really just consumerism disguised by music enjoyment.  You're better off getting something you'll like, and just enjoying it instead of buying tons of mediocre products and getting sidetracked and obsessed with the gear/consumer side of music.  If he can afford an LCD-2, he should just get it, who cares if he doesn't wind up appreciating it as much as you would after struggling through crap gear for years and saving up.  He'll get to know the goodness it offers in time, or better yet, it will be good enough that it will never get in the way, and he can just enjoy his tunes and forget about the gear. 

It's funny, but in this case paying more like this could lead to less consumerism.  Of course, he could just be buying it for the status of an expensive phone.  But in the end, is that any shallower than the gear junkie with 20 pairs of crappy 100 dollar phones? 

Now that's the most sensible thing anyone's said in this thread. And I thought we were way far off from each other's opinions. :)

I don't think the consumerism is even that disguised by anything. Just boys with their toys in your face.

Jul 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #113 of 154
Buy CIEM. Heir Audio 8a or EM4 by earsonics. I prefer iem than oem :p

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #115 of 154
I think that for somebody as unacquainted with high-end audio as the OP's friend, the weight of the LCD-2 won't put them off from hearing everything for the first time. Besides, the sound signature is among the best of the flagships for gaming.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #116 of 154
Quote:
Buy CIEM. Heir Audio 8a or EM4 by earsonics. I prefer iem than oem :p

I have yet to try an IEM I found at all comfortable.  Then again, I have yet to try a CIEM.  Then again...  the likelihood of me trying a CIEM b/c I have yet to enjoy IEM is probably about zero.

Jul 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #117 of 154
Quote:

I enjoy the positional audio/huge soundstage of my AD900 in FPS gaming, but he isn't going to get the bass punch his 'friend' is clearly seeking from the A-Ts. 

BTW, does anyone actually READ the Buying Guide Jude spent weeks (months?) preparing ? Said friend might have actually learnt something - crazy idea, I know, research and all, but he could browse that in 10 minutes. Lots of pretty pictures and brief summaries - not too taxing, even at 19. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #120 of 154
Quote:

I guess that's the main thing, isnt it ? Must have made all those late nights Jude put into preparing the guide totally worth it,  
rolleyes.gif

Apart from kiki being in it, it was alright. Would have enjoyed it more had it had more depth to the material. It wasn't focused on Summit-Fi enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back