The Basshead Club
Sep 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #7,413 of 11,286
Indeed my friend he really needs proper bass quality instead of quantity get some Q40's dude....
deadhorse.gif

Sep 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #7,415 of 11,286
Haha! It's alright guys, everyone starts out seeking for the biggest bass. Sooner or later, one is going to find himself/herself learning to appreciate the quality of bass and also other aspects of sound rather than just bass. It took me just 8 months for this process, your mileage may vary. :)

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #7,416 of 11,286
  Haha! It's alright guys, everyone starts out seeking for the biggest bass. Sooner or later, one is going to find himself/herself learning to appreciate the quality of bass and also other aspects of sound rather than just bass. It took me just 8 months for this process, your mileage may vary. :)

It took me about a similar time (6-8 months) when I got addicted to Electri-Q. I'd spend several hours making presets like mad. Still, I crave subbass -- lots of it.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #7,417 of 11,286

Well, not me. I like tons of bass. Sometimes I don't really care if its loose or bleeds into the midrange, because after a long day of school, all I want is an ear massage :wink:

BUT, I'm not always a basshead, that's why I have my DT880's :D

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #7,418 of 11,286
Took me about 6 months, then i started turning the bass boost on the e11 off instead of always on the second option lol.

Still turn it on rarely... Only for songs that are made soley for the bass haha

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #7,419 of 11,286
In respond to Abv 3 posts:
If after a few upgrades, u still find yourself putting bass quantity as one of your key criterias for buying new 'phones, you know you are a certified basshead. For me, I crave for bass, the thump and rumble. I can let it bleed into the mids or disrupt clarity though, that's where I draw the line!

Happy headfi-ing!

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #7,420 of 11,286
  Indeed my friend he really needs proper bass quality instead of quantity get some Q40's dude....
deadhorse.gif

AGree'd for the LONGEST time I needed MORE bass, more than even a Modded Xb 700 with an E11 could give me... then I heard the deep tight bass of the Dt 880...

TRUST us quality over quanity, the right balance depends on you but get used to that deeper more visceral bass and you will soon come to really like it! You kinda have to train your ears to pick up on it 

Sep 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #7,422 of 11,286
+1 with deeper bass. Been playing around on v4a and my sony xb90ex and i have come to realize deep clean bass always trumps overbearing mid bass. We should have a poll with whether sub/mid bass is better.

Well Sub and Mid bass are equally important, espically in a balanced sound. Belive it or not but a SLIGHT mid bass hump leads to very nice low mids! Gives them just a touch of extra weight and body [the Dt 880 and K550 have such mids] the best example of this is my modded w1000x [removed a lot of the extra mid bass in in] the mids are so weighty and punchy because of the mid bass hump

In contrast my Sound Magic Hp 100 [which has a sub bass hump and slighty recessed mid bass] is VERY enjoyable, but the low mids suffer just a hair, they lack ever a nice quick weighty attack, 

So I like my cans to be as flat as they can be... looking forward to getting an He 500 and 400 here soon! 

So I like both Sub and Mid bass, ANY bloated bass is bad, Mid pass has a nice PUNCH and Sub Bass has a visceral rumble or kick to it, both are enjoyable :D 

That said, how is the bass of the D7k... Ideally I want like a +4 +5 db LINEAR bass resonse, that starts to roll off or down at like 110 120 hrz does the D7k fit that? 

Looking at Fr Graphs, I'd love the D2k bass and the D5ks uppper mids and treble, 

Screw all of that, MAN the T90 Freq Graph looks so NICE, like a combo of the dt 990 and dt 880 with more mids :D 

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #7,423 of 11,286

AGree'd for the LONGEST time I needed MORE bass, more than even a Modded Xb 700 with an E11 could give me... then I heard the deep tight bass of the Dt 880...

TRUST us quality over quanity, the right balance depends on you but get used to that deeper more visceral bass and you will soon come to really like it! You kinda have to train your ears to pick up on it 

I know haha had the xb700 myself and was okay in the beginning,but after the Q40's man what a difference

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #7,424 of 11,286
  I know haha had the xb700 myself and was okay in the beginning,but after the Q40's man what a difference

I can't even listen to that much bass any more... it just sounds BAD to my ears... bass with NO highs or mids... no thanks xD 

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #7,425 of 11,286
I also went from using my e11 on eq 1 with the xb500 to using the the e11 with the eq on 0 with my M-100. When it comes to headphones quality is always better than quantity IMO. Bass quantity is a lot more fun when it's hitting your whole body and not just your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back