The Basshead Club
Jul 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #6,931 of 11,286
Those beats don't look half bad. I thought the current generation looked terrible. I hear dr dre even found a way to make them sound better 
biggrin.gif
 By literally jamming a flat head screw driver into the current beats driver they were able to add even more of that delicious distortion. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #6,935 of 11,286
Quote:

The Headphones Used To Mix In Every Major Studio.

Haha, good one!

Who's behind the marketing of these things? I petition a movement for his public execution!

EDIT: That sounded a tad too brutal, so I'll change it to a "class-action lawsuit for fraudulent claims (and such)".

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #6,937 of 11,286
From the site:

Our signature DSP software is designed to generate the emotional experience that Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine, and some of the music industry’s greatest rock, hip-hop, pop, electronic, and R&B producers want you to feel.

digital signal processing to make overly processed signal sound better, beats logic.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #6,938 of 11,286
Quote:
From the site:

Our signature DSP software is designed to generate the emotional experience that Dr. Dre, Jimmy Iovine, and some of the music industry’s greatest rock, hip-hop, pop, electronic, and R&B producers want you to feel.

digital signal processing to make overly processed signal sound better, beats logic.

They use DSP? No wonder they sound bad. I used an EQ that used DSP and what did I get? Distortion. Huh, marketers are like lawyers. They earn lots of money to do their job, and they lie to keep making more money. I wonder how much these guys are paid, because I bet that Beats' R&D gets 100 grand, tops. Oh wait, Beats doesn't even have any!

So basically, Dr. Dre, Iovine ([Mod Edit: That's not a nice thing to say]), and some -- I repeat, some -- of the music industry's greatest rock, hip-hop, pop, electronic, and R&B producers want Beats users to feel frustration and disgust?

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #6,941 of 11,286
Lol, the Beats Pro is all-aluminum (except the headband I think).

I just listened to these at the apple store. I saw them and was immediately curious. They had some balance in the kids and highs, but the overpowering muddy bass and "wall" of sound ruined it for me. There was no hint at soundstage or imaging, just wall

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #6,942 of 11,286
Quote:
I just listened to these at the apple store. I saw them and was immediately curious. They had some balance in the kids and highs, but the overpowering muddy bass and "wall" of sound ruined it for me. There was no hint at soundstage or imaging, just wall

That they do. It's just totally veiled. Without an EQ, it simply couldn't get cleared up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back