The Basshead Club
Jan 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #4,171 of 11,286
Crossfade LP= Fart cannon designed for portable devices, thus more bass quantity unamped. Not much audio fidelity though, and they're pretty reminiscent of the xb500s. Well, at least that's what I've read. 

Pros= Great quality headphones that need an amp to get the bass out, but they have very durable drivers that are able to withstand a crapload of eq without distorting and frequency bleeding.I'm guessing here, but they're probably on the level of the M-100 when amped properly and with better earpads on (both on quality and quantity). 

Jan 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #4,172 of 11,286
Quote:
Definitely SONY XB800. I'm selling mines almost brand new and modded for transparency/detail for less 30€ if this interests you. Have a look at the classifieds or just PM me for details.

Don't buy an XB 800. It's garbage. A modded Xb 700 will eat it alive... in terms of quality and quanity. And for those who complain about the lack of Mids and mid Bass a $100 Indeed G3 Hybrid Tube makes them magical! An for $80 [is what I paid a year ago anyways] they really are the BEST Low End Sub Bass Can [best for the price range <3]
Quote:
Crossfade LP= Fart cannon designed for portable devices, thus more bass quantity unamped. Not much audio fidelity though, and they're pretty reminiscent of the xb500s. Well, at least that's what I've read. 

Pros= Great quality headphones that need an amp to get the bass out, but they have very durable drivers that are able to withstand a crapload of eq without distorting and frequency bleeding.I'm guessing here, but they're probably on the level of the M-100 when amped properly and with better earpads on (both on quality and quantity). 

How does the M-100 compare to the MIGHT KING, the Pro 900? (Hopefully it does not suffer from the fincky adjustments needed for S-Logic to work on the Pro 900)

In addition, how does the AKG Tesito 167 and 267 compare... I've been looking for a nice closed Mid Bass Can... I can handle slighty recessed mids, but I DON'T want any sibilance [although I like the Brightness of my Dt 880s so... I can handle bright cans]

Non the less my next Bass Head Can is the Dt 990 Pro 250, which I'm picking up in about a month or so {:D} sadly though... I'll need to find a closed version of that can... for portable use... which reminds me theres the Dt 1350 which should work perfectly! More bass than the Dt 880 im sure and less than the 990 a good happy meduim for portability and closed can.

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #4,174 of 11,286
Quote:
I posted this a while ago. I think that Mike is exaggerating it a bit, though. 

I have no idea how they compare to the tiestos.

Yea I think so to... I've not heard anything like that here atm... still though I'd like to listen for my self

And hmm, for $200 they might be pretty nice! How would you say the... nvm.

Have you heard the Xb700 that's my current closed Bass head can... and for Sub bass... it eats my brains e.e but for mid bass it rolls off pretty badly and EVEN WORSE, my Computer has TERRIBLE Sub Bass...so I need a DAC for my computer and a still need a mid bass can for one the go [my Hm 601 is great for portable]

still... I might try the 700mkII [but I don't expect to find a better Sub Bass can than the Xb700... so no point in looking any moar sadly e.e] That being said I need amid bass can! I have HIGH hopes for the Dt 990 Pro 250 I'm getting soon, but that's open so... I still need a closed for portable... but there is the Dt 1350 for Sub and Mid... although it's only a 30mm driver so... it won't have the PUSH of a 40 or 50 mm drive...

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #4,176 of 11,286
Quote:
Can you guys suggest an over-ear headphone that has really powerful sub bass similar to the CKS77?  I bought the WS99 hoping that it would be a huge improvement in the sub bass, but it has very little punchy bass :frowning2:

I remember I believe it was Danny93 that used to love his CKS77. Just got a M-100 seems to love them. Might want to look into those.

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #4,177 of 11,286
Quote:
could anyone confirm that the pro700mkII is all about sub bass and not mid- upper bass bloated? what about the highs smoothly rolled off? and soundstage?

They are about sub bass and mid bass, but not much midrange bleed.  They are a dark headphone.  To my ears, highs don't smoothly roll off, they fall off a cliff, but they do have very good midrange detail for such a bass-focused can.  Soundstage didn't stand out either way from what I recall.

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #4,178 of 11,286
Quote:
They are about sub bass and mid bass, but not much midrange bleed.  They are a dark headphone.  To my ears, highs don't smoothly roll off, they fall off a cliff, but they do have very good midrange detail for such a bass-focused can.  Soundstage didn't stand out either way from what I recall.

Yea, falling off a cliff sounds about right for most bass head cans. The Xb700 is the same way... the can has a lot of treble energy but not extension lol. Still mid range is [for me] non essiential ona bass head can since excessive bass distorts mids [in voices it's pretty obvious] and voices are really where I can about mids the most! But I like Dark Bass Head cans for EDM which is mostly instrumental so again... mids what mids? lol

I will say that a tube amp has helped my Xb700s alot. So other Dark Cans taht have CLIFF like Highs should also benifit from a tube :D [my Indeed G3 does my Xb 700's enough justice to keep em]

How is the Detail and the Attack on the Pro 700MkII. The Xb has nice tight sub, but loose rolled off Mid bass... is the Pro 700 more tight quality or loose quanity... and if it's both... which is the tighter? [I don't mind loose sub but mid bass needs to be tight!]

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #4,179 of 11,286
Quote:

+1, but I really think that the darkness thing is overdone. To my ears, the pros stock sound pretty much flat in the upper midrange through treble area. Actually, I think that it is kind of sibilant in that area, but my tinnitus may be the reason for that. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #4,180 of 11,286
Quote:
Yea, falling off a cliff sounds about right for most bass head cans. The Xb700 is the same way... the can has a lot of treble energy but not extension lol. Still mid range is [for me] non essiential ona bass head can since excessive bass distorts mids [in voices it's pretty obvious] and voices are really where I can about mids the most! But I like Dark Bass Head cans for EDM which is mostly instrumental so again... mids what mids? lol

I will say that a tube amp has helped my Xb700s alot. So other Dark Cans taht have CLIFF like Highs should also benifit from a tube :D [my Indeed G3 does my Xb 700's enough justice to keep em]

How is the Detail and the Attack on the Pro 700MkII. The Xb has nice tight sub, but loose rolled off Mid bass... is the Pro 700 more tight quality or loose quanity... and if it's both... which is the tighter? [I don't mind loose sub but mid bass needs to be tight!]

IMO, the PRO700MK2 is far superior to the XB700 regarding bass tighness and midrange detail.

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #4,181 of 11,286
oh oh, sibilance is a deal breaker. i found even the d2000 sibilant. damn it, i will never find my over ear mh1c 
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #4,182 of 11,286
Quote:
+1, but I really think that the darkness thing is overdone. To my ears, the pros stock sound pretty much flat in the upper midrange through treble area. Actually, I think that it is kind of sibilant in that area, but my tinnitus may be the reason for that. 

Quote:
oh oh, sibilance is a deal breaker. i found even the d2000 sibilant. damn it, i will never find my over ear mh1c 
frown.gif

I am highly sensitive to sibilance as well and did not detect any sibilance with the PRO700MK2 as I did with, for example, the M-Audio Q40.

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #4,183 of 11,286
Quote:
Definitely SONY XB800. I'm selling mines almost brand new and modded for transparency/detail for less 30€ if this interests you. Have a look at the classifieds or just PM me for details.

Just wondering, but if you love them so much and they can beat other headphones in superior price ranges why do you sell them so quick? You praise them like crazy and then sell them within a week...

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #4,184 of 11,286
Quote:
Just wondering, but if you love them so much and they can beat other headphones in superior price ranges why do you sell them so quick? You praise them like crazy and then sell them within a week...

Because I need the money. URGENTLY!!! I got a V-MODA M100 and 2 amps on the way. One of them cost 300€ :frowning2:

And please stop asking personal questions in the forums, you have nothing to do with my personal life. PM me instead. Thanks.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #4,185 of 11,286
It is just making me question the quality of the XB800. If the XB800's really blew your more expensive phones (and speakers) out of the water in bass, transparency, clarity and everything else with a simple mod I doubt that you would be so eager to sell them and move on to something else. It just seems fishy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back