The Basshead Club
Dec 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,376 of 11,286
Quote:
What about the E17? I've heard some say that the bass boost starts to distort after a while.
I honestly want to go with the ZO.
As long as I don't really need an amp and just want the bass boost, it will suffice correct?

I still gives a significant boost in high gain. Whoever complains about volume is LOD users with hard to drive headphones. It was meant to be used out of headphone jack though. ZO2.3 is a bit less loud than ZO2.1 that I have though but it still gives a decent boost, for my 64 ohm Q40 I go from 44% windows volume ampless to 19% on ZO2.3  and 14% with ZO2.1 for similar volume levels which I concider quite a significant boost.

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #3,378 of 11,286
So the ZO is insufficient to power MadDogs?

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #3,379 of 11,286
Quote:
ZO has the best bass boost by far.

Best is subjective really... the Zo Bass is more Colored and there is more of it, but you run the risk of BLOATING... where as the E11 is a Cleaner Bass Boost, but there is slighty less of it but also less chance to Bloat... so for example my Xb700's would LOVE a ZO because they are already so ZOMG BASS BOOSTED, where as my Dt 990 Pro 250's... I'ma stick with the cleaner leaner E11 bass boost...

Also how is the Agression on the ZO, the E11 is a NASTY little amp! Brings in some NICE detail and Attack on that bass

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,381 of 11,286
I think that the ZO has cleaner bass with less bloat FWIR. If you are running the same amount of bass boost, I'm pretty sure the ZO will be cleaner. Obviously on the max boost on the ZO bass might be more bloated but that's hardly a fair comparison.

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #3,382 of 11,286
Quote:
Best is subjective really... the Zo Bass is more Colored and there is more of it, but you run the risk of BLOATING... where as the E11 is a Cleaner Bass Boost, but there is slighty less of it but also less chance to Bloat... so for example my Xb700's would LOVE a ZO because they are already so ZOMG BASS BOOSTED, where as my Dt 990 Pro 250's... I'ma stick with the cleaner leaner E11 bass boost...

Also how is the Agression on the ZO, the E11 is a NASTY little amp! Brings in some NICE detail and Attack on that bass

ZO is fantastic with my headphones, I hear details more easier in the midrange with Q40 especially, I keep mastering hardstyle tracks with my ZO activated, I usually pick up faint extra noises that's more of a usermistake easier with it for example, has already happened a few times that I hear something that a newbie producer on his 150~$200 KRK monitor speakers couldn't pick up.

I use mostly the ZO2.1 though, haven't used ZO2.3 enough to be able to accurately comment on detail perception. But ZO2.1 provides me lots of added punch but also more control. The FiiO bass boost also boosts lower mids a fair bit while the ZO's bass boost only affects <300Hz range.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #3,383 of 11,286
Quote:

ZO is fantastic with my headphones, I hear details more easier in the midrange with Q40 especially, I keep mastering hardstyle tracks with my ZO activated, I usually pick up faint extra noises that's more of a usermistake easier with it for example, has already happened a few times that I hear something that a newbie producer on his 150~$200 KRK monitor speakers couldn't pick up.

I use mostly the ZO2.1 though, haven't used ZO2.3 enough to be able to accurately comment on detail perception. But ZO2.1 provides me lots of added punch but also more control. The FiiO bass boost also boosts lower mids a fair bit while the ZO's bass boost only affects <300Hz range.

Well there's also the $50 price vs the $100... so yea I need to buy a ZO2.3 and quit complaing :3 

Plus I want to get a Cowon C2 with an Xb1000 and Dt990 both of which might benifit from the Zo2.3 alot!

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #3,386 of 11,286
Are there any eq's that can increase sub bass peformance for PC and for a galaxy sII?

I can't get voodoo sound to work on my Sii

If your willing to drop five bucks get poweramp, it is fantastic! I've been using it in my HTC incredible for a year now and it has never give me any trouble and my friends are always impressed at hoe much better songs sound out of my phone versus their ipods =). The Eq is pretty robust, 12 bands I think I'll correct later with definite number xD

Dec 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #3,387 of 11,286
Quote:
If your willing to drop five bucks get poweramp, it is fantastic! I've been using it in my HTC incredible for a year now and it has never give me any trouble and my friends are always impressed at hoe much better songs sound out of my phone versus their ipods =). The Eq is pretty robust, 12 bands I think I'll correct later with definite number xD

... I'm definatly willing to drop $5 and get Power amp :O so good to hear a recommendation :3. I use a free EQ on the my Droid that works pretty well, although I have found all "bass boost" suck the bass out of my XB700s from my Kycoera Hydro Phone... it's running Ice Cream Sandwhich... but I like the free and will stick wid it [don't want to even ATTEMPT to BUY better phone sound since my phone is only used when all of my 3 daps are dead e.e] 

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #3,389 of 11,286
SQ wise you cant really beat the E11 but bass boost qunitity wise you can beat the ZO

i like the e11 alot more cuz it has a mix of quntity and qulity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back