The Basshead Club
Oct 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #3,137 of 11,286
Quote:
Sq wise how much would you guys value the Lp2 at?

For me about $75. Subpar bass quality, average soundstage for its price, upper-mid resonance, somewhere around ~3.5kHz which makes especially certain female vocals sound colored and unnatural due to the "resonance spike". I think it's only a slight improvement over XB500, they both have similar frequency response, the LP2 slightly better bass quality and soundstage but actually has MORE recessed highs and while XB500 also very slightly exhibit the upper-mid resonance issue, the LP2 is slightly worse there in that regard.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #3,139 of 11,286
Quote:
Do they sound worse than he cks77s?

Well it seems I hear the CKS77 way differently than other people, no I wouldn't pick over CKS77 because the upper-mid ringing was even worse the CKS77 for me, so bad it made some female vocals sound sibilant which is a first to me, it was a completely horrible experience with CKS77 listening to something like Taylor Swift. Then again I have realized I'm no IEM guy and can't find my basshead in me satisfied with IEMs due to not getting the "ear-tickling" feedback fullsize headphones can give to your ears/head.

I would concider CKS77 better sounding if it didn't had that annoying midrange ringing. The bass quality wasn't overly impressive on CKS77, slightly boomy midbass and somewhat lacking subbass for my taste. But it's hard to appriciate any headphone's bass after hearing M-Audio Q40's bass which both has the quantity and quality behind it.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #3,140 of 11,286
Quote:

For me about $75. Subpar bass quality, average soundstage for its price, upper-mid resonance, somewhere around ~3.5kHz which makes especially certain female vocals sound colored and unnatural due to the "resonance spike". I think it's only a slight improvement over XB500, they both have similar frequency response, the LP2 slightly better bass quality and soundstage but actually has MORE recessed highs and while XB500 also very slightly exhibit the upper-mid resonance issue, the LP2 is slightly worse there in that regard.

I agree with most of what you say, though I think the LP2 sounds a bit more muddy than the XB500. Both are dark cans with little treble presence, but the LP2 presents the wall of bass effect even more prominently than in the XB500. The latter seem to have greater bass quantity, but it does it better than the LP2.

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #3,141 of 11,286
wow 51 posts and a lot of them TLDR

Cans vs Iems bass

Againt he IEM is in ear so it can't tickle your ear lobes, my Xb 700's can TICKLES mah Ear lobes and THAT is excellent BASS

In addition I use the 9.4 DB boss for the Dt 880 which makes it very nice imo, it's not a bass head can but with that boost you can get some nice very MINIMAL impact, and the cMoy's bass does not impose on the highs or the mids to much, where as the E11 [which is a littlre more bassy and agressive] does impose on the other Sound Sigs. 

But as I have said b4, 

Xb 700 BOOM BOOM

Dt 880 whoom whoom 

There is ofc some music that does not need +30db's of BASS, and the 9.4 in the cMoy is only enough to bring the bass a touch higher, trust me there's enough treble energy and mid preseance to drawn the bass in some songs, but again even with the +10 [or 9.4 or what ever] the bass is very nice to me, and does not impede on the brightness at all <3. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #3,143 of 11,286
Guys, which IEM could you suggest me with thunderous, punchy and tight bass, but also clean mids and extended highs? You know, with decent clarity, despite the visceral bass :D

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3,145 of 11,286
Quote:
Hmm since the crossfade lp2s are so mediocore what would you guys suggest for portable headphones that are wearable in public

Sony Xb 1000... like a freaking baws man! And trust me, them haters would be HATING on u [I do wear my XB 700's and Dt 880s around Campus and no one even cares lawl, I finally got a nod from a fellah today lol] 

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #3,146 of 11,286
Dude... Just... No. Just no. xD

but seriously Ive heard that the xb1000 had excellent bass but not much else. And the fact that it doesnt have a detachable cable is a major turn off.

Currently I am looking at the:
HDJ2000
Crossfade LP2
M100
UE6000

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #3,147 of 11,286
Quote:
Dude... Just... Yes so much WIN yes
but seriously Ive heard that the xb1000 had excellent bass but not much else. And the fact that it doesnt have a detachable cable is a major turn off.

WHo cares about the cable and it's a XB HEAD PHONE, you only buy it for the bass. BUT it has very sufficent everything elese! The other ranges are not BAD they are just a little drowned out by +20 FACE R@P3ING BASS

So yea... Dub Step only plz <3

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #3,148 of 11,286
But I really dont need a headphone to use soley at home. I have the Q40s for that and the cups stick out so much after I added the Beyer Velour pads.

They sound incredible for home use but if I can get something that I can use portably too that would be great. I can consider IEMs too.

EDIT: Okay, so has anyone tried the M100, Pioneer HDJ-2000, or UE6000?

Ill be using it with the ZO2.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #3,149 of 11,286
Quote:
Dude... Just... No. Just no. xD
Currently I am looking at the:
HDJ2000
Crossfade LP2
M100
UE6000

The XB1000 is very comfortable, though it is a little heavy. It has a nice soundstage, and presents its bass in a tight, clear manner. The bass presentation isn't muddy, and can handle a lot of amping. It's a good headphone for what it does, though it is overpriced. Build quality is miles ahead of the lower XB cans.

The HDJ-2000 is good for dance music, as its V-shaped FR curve gives its listeners a "fun" sound. It has good bass extension, although its quantity is less than on the HDJ-1000 and HDJ-500. The build quality is excellent, and its a really pretty can.

The LP2 are just bass monsters. They do 1 thing right, and that is deliver loads of bass. It's like an XB500, but with a higher price tag, detachable cables, and it reassures you that it probably will not break if it falls. Can't say the same for the XB cans.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #3,150 of 11,286
Quote:

The XB1000 is very comfortable, though it is a little heavy. It has a nice soundstage, and presents its bass in a tight, clear manner. The bass presentation isn't muddy, and can handle a lot of amping. It's a good headphone for what it does, though it is overpriced. Build quality is miles ahead of the lower XB cans.

End of my curiosity!  I shall buy :D and there is no price for them big sexy cans

On that note my XB 700's have taking a beating :O so if they Xb1000 is built TOUGHER then ME GUSTA... just pray they don't run out by December January :[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back