The Audio Lounge
Mar 3, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #13,456 of 36,353
And now...church music

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #13,457 of 36,353

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #13,458 of 36,353
I ended up getting in on the MD BGVP DMG iem. I was looking for a cheaper, sort of bass heavy piece and from what I read and such, this may fit the bill. Have a few weeks before it's delivered. Was looking at the DM6 and others but since this one came up on MD for 100, seemed like a good idea. Will post some impressions once I get it...

Mar 3, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #13,459 of 36,353
Aw you made me real jealous lol
He’s one I missed, so many gigs back then it was hard to keep up as tickets were cheap back then compared to these days.
There’s still time to maybe catch a Framton gig yet, I’ll be keeping an eye out for sure.
Glad you liked it, it put a smile on my face :smile_phones:

Just had a look at possible gigs, if anyone gets a chance to go, then go !!!
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...mpton-degenerative-muscle-disease-ibm-797556/
I’m absolutely gutted for the guy :cry:

That is crying shame. Sad to hear about this kind of debilitating disorder taking away his passion. Reminds me of something similar that is happening to Clapton, different but just as crippling.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/n...ld-end-eric-claptons-career-why-musicians-fe/

Why do our music heroes need to be brought down like this?

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #13,460 of 36,353
Mar 5, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #13,462 of 36,353
Anyone in here seen/bought the Hidizs MS4 on KS? I just saw it, the KS campaign ends in a few days. I'm not personally planning to buy it, but just wanted to see if anyone else was considering. Thoughts?
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-hifi-in-ear-monitor-e?ref=discovery_category

Hey, posted it when the campaign started... I went for an Hs4 basic kit. Almost pulled out due to hidisz support on the usb-c DAC, mine died and they took 4 months to give me a decent answer. Considering it's income tax season and bonus, I thought I'd splurge.

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #13,463 of 36,353
Hey, posted it when the campaign started... I went for an Hs4 basic kit. Almost pulled out due to hidisz support on the usb-c DAC, mine died and they took 4 months to give me a decent answer. Considering it's income tax season and bonus, I thought I'd splurge.
I've known of Hidizs from their DAPs for a while now, but I've never wanted to buy one of their products enough, mostly because of fear of the support limbo that you went through. I'll just keep not buying their stuff for now. They all look pretty good though at the very least. Could be a good bargain for the KS price.

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #13,464 of 36,353
I've known of Hidizs from their DAPs for a while now, but I've never wanted to buy one of their products enough, mostly because of fear of the support limbo that you went through. I'll just keep not buying their stuff for now. They all look pretty good though at the very least. Could be a good bargain for the KS price.

Honestly, specs wise and looks wise, the HS4 seems great. If/when I do get it, I'll keep everyone informed... After getting rid of all my gear except for the Ares II cable and the IMR R1's, I'm willing to give another IEM a chance... I noticed the IMR R1's for subway rides is a bad fit, it's too airy because of the open back/close back wheel, so all the ambient noise really ruins the experience.

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #13,465 of 36,353

While I love the sound of my Hidizs AP200, I'm unimpressed with their customer service. When I first got my DAP it wouldn't take a charge from any charger using any cable and they gave me the runaround for the longest time with emails asking me to update the firmware and try specific chargers, all of which I'd done prior to contacting them about my issue in the first place. So, finally they say send it to them, and I do, and almost 2 months later, I get the package back, beat up, unopened and marked undeliverable to the address I was given by their support. Contacted them again for another address, sent it out, they finally repaired it and sent it back. But after my experiences, I most likely wouldn't buy anything else Hidizs.

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #13,466 of 36,353
While I love the sound of my Hidizs AP200, I'm unimpressed with their customer service. When I first got my DAP it wouldn't take a charge from any charger using any cable and they gave me the runaround for the longest time with emails asking me to update the firmware and try specific chargers, all of which I'd done prior to contacting them about my issue in the first place. So, finally they say send it to them, and I do, and almost 2 months later, I get the package back, beat up, unopened and marked undeliverable to the address I was given by their support. Contacted them again for another address, sent it out, they finally repaired it and sent it back. But after my experiences, I most likely wouldn't buy anything else Hidizs.

Your story actually gave me leverage to get a full refund off my item :p And I got everyone bitching about it in the KS HS4 campaign! :wink: haha. Hope they realize their support needed a pretty massive overhaul after all this. I think at least 4 people dropped the campaign after I wrote about the support experience... Suddenly, out of the blue, I got a proposal for a full refund on my USB-C DAC.

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #13,467 of 36,353
Your story actually gave me leverage to get a full refund off my item :p And I got everyone bitching about it in the KS HS4 campaign! :wink: haha. Hope they realize their support needed a pretty massive overhaul after all this. I think at least 4 people dropped the campaign after I wrote about the support experience... Suddenly, out of the blue, I got a proposal for a full refund on my USB-C DAC.

That's great! Glad it helped. I wish they'd taken it as an opportunity to fix their processes, but I still hear/read the occasional bad experience people have with them. I mean, they are no Trinity as I at least received an item and got it successfully repaired (eventually...lol).

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #13,469 of 36,353
That's great! Glad it helped. I wish they'd taken it as an opportunity to fix their processes, but I still hear/read the occasional bad experience people have with them. I mean, they are no Trinity as I at least received an item and got it successfully repaired (eventually...lol).

Now why'd you go and mention Trinity? I was having a good day.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back