The Audio Lounge
May 12, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #7,262 of 36,356
How things have come along.......

Hallelujah .

Sony-XBA-4-400x300.jpg

Torture in a shell, as you can see the ergonomics were designed for comfort:confounded:

May 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #7,263 of 36,356
Hallelujah .

Torture in a shell, as you can see the ergonomics were designed for comfort:confounded:
Jeez the plug looks crap. So are the strain reliefs on both the plug and the IEM.

Actually the IEM doesn't look too uncomfortable

May 12, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #7,264 of 36,356
Jeez the plug looks ****. So are the strain reliefs on both the plug and the IEM.

Actually the IEM doesn't look too uncomfortable

Don't think the picture did there size justice and they were very very uncomfortable, although admittedly I have small ears so it could have been a factor and as I said the highs were piercing.
I must admit I like single driver iems a lot because of my small ears but I have owned some nice fitting multi drivers, new primacy being one of them.
I also have looked at the gr10e a few times too.

May 13, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #7,265 of 36,356
I was doing some maintenance on the wife's laptop this morning and listening to my Cayin C5 and ZS10's, and my wife said "Oooh, that is so cute!" I asked her what she meant and she pointed out that the C5 and her laptop matched like they were made for each other. Maybe the secret to getting my wife more interested in this hobby is making the components match, lol.

2.jpg 1.jpg

May 13, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #7,267 of 36,356
Honestly I wouldn't mind extrabass if they could tighten up the bass and not make it sound so wooly and flabby.
That's not what that description is for when it's spelled like "Xtrabass" :p

Speaking of the XBA lineup, that was actually the point where I first spent 100 bucks on a pair of IEM's.

I was choosing between the XBA 1 and the UE600 back then. Ended up with the UE600 which sounded decent to me back then.
UE600 hands down as far as I'm concerned. I remember I tried an XBA-1 back when my main IEM was a MEEAudio (MEElectronics back then) M11+. Returned it immediately and went back to the M11+ before getting a VSonic GR06 a couple months later.

I was doing some maintenance on the wife's laptop this morning and listening to my Cayin C5 and ZS10's, and my wife said "Oooh, that is so cute!" I asked her what she meant and she pointed out that the C5 and her laptop matched like they were made for each other. Maybe the secret to getting my wife more interested in this hobby is making the components match, lol.

That's how you do it. Make everything match.....though here's the kicker: it's gonna cost you more money overall. Not to mention what happens when the scenarios come up where the IEM to match the DAP or the DAP to match the IEM costs $800? :p

May 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #7,268 of 36,356
Anyone in here heard anything about the new Noble EDC Bell model that's just started shipping (pre release) yet? Got curious and picked one up from an early adopter on eBay after seeing some favourable impressions on the Noble threads - 5.6mm microdriver and a brass body. Looks interesting...

In other related news, if anyone gets a chance to hear the new CA Atlas, I'd strongly suggest it. Spent the last week and a bit with them, and they are just outstanding. Not many IEMs I know can sound balanced but could still keep a basshead happy, but these things manage it.

May 14, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #7,272 of 36,356
I got my new M1060 cable from Periapt Cables today, looking sweet. I haven't tried it yet, looking forward to later. I got a paper in the box that was kinda cool though, it told me what they used to test my cable on and what song they listened to.

1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back