The Audio Lounge
May 7, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #7,141 of 36,260
If you really like it, I am certain that you can find a great deal on one. :wink:
I've never tried any other Summit-fi iems other than the LCDi4, which sucked.

The Tia Forte was just PinkyPowers' recommendation

May 8, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #7,143 of 36,260
Dig it. I like how the shape is remarkably similar to what I'm running.

I noticed that, makes me think we like a similar tonality. :L3000:

4MmX4zh.gif

:sunglasses:

May 8, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #7,145 of 36,260
I've never tried any other Summit-fi iems other than the LCDi4, which sucked.

The Tia Forte was just PinkyPowers' recommendation
What exactly didn't you like about the LCD-i4? And I'd like to make a clarifying point about it "sucking" for the following reason: items at that price point generally exist in the audio world for at least some sort of reason. With something like the LCD-i4 and keeping in mind my experience with the iSine10, I highly doubt that the LCD-i4 "sucks", but is rather just not your taste. I mentioned earlier that I was not a fan of the SE846; doesn't necessarily mean it sucked, but I didn't like/appreciate its sonic qualities. It didn't mix together correctly for me. In all likelihood, I've contradicted this line of thought myself in the past, so feel free to poke holes in it :p

May 8, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #7,146 of 36,260
What exactly didn't you like about the LCD-i4? And I'd like to make a clarifying point about it "sucking" for the following reason: items at that price point generally exist in the audio world for at least some sort of reason. With something like the LCD-i4 and keeping in mind my experience with the iSine10, I highly doubt that the LCD-i4 "sucks", but is rather just not your taste. I mentioned earlier that I was not a fan of the SE846; doesn't necessarily mean it sucked, but I didn't like/appreciate its sonic qualities. It didn't mix together correctly for me. In all likelihood, I've contradicted this line of thought myself in the past, so feel free to poke holes in it :p
I get the general idea :wink:

Anyways, I felt that it "sucked" not just because I don't like its sound, it's just very underwhelming for the price. If I didn't like it but it had a unique sound signature, I would say that maybe it's just not my cup of tea. However, the problem is, it just sounds like a lower tier product overall. Sounds like my pair of on-ear sines but with a warmer sound. Nothing special to justify its price tag.

THATS why I think it sucks.

May 8, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #7,147 of 36,260
I get the general idea :wink:

Anyways, I felt that it "sucked" not just because I don't like its sound, it's just very underwhelming for the price. If I didn't like it but it had a unique sound signature, I would say that maybe it's just not my cup of tea. However, the problem is, it just sounds like a lower tier product overall. Sounds like my pair of on-ear sines but with a warmer sound. Nothing special to justify its price tag.

THATS why I think it sucks.
Fair assessment. I would also say that for something that expensive, I will never feel even "whelmed" (lol, we've got overwhelmed and underwhelmed, but what about just being whelmed?) for the price. I'd say you've got good reason to say it sucked. Let's even assume we were to both think the LCD-i4 sounded good, say in a similar league to things like the Shure KSE1500 or 64 Audio's U18 and Tia series. I would acknowledge the fidelity, but something like "for the price" is never a phrase in consideration because it's just a stratospherically ridiculous price. Same goes for something like Sennheiser's HE1060 Orpheus; $50k buys me a nice car to drive :p

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #7,148 of 36,260
Fair assessment. I would also say that for something that expensive, I will never feel even "whelmed" (lol, we've got overwhelmed and underwhelmed, but what about just being whelmed?) for the price. I'd consider that a good reason to consider it sucking. Let's even assume we were to both think the LCD-i4 sounded good, say in a similar league to things like the Shure KSE1500 or 64 Audio's U18 and Tia series. I would acknowledge the fidelity, but something like "for the price" is never a phrase in consideration because it's just a stratospherically ridiculous price. Same goes for something like Sennheiser's HE1060 Orpheus; $50k buys me a nice car to drive :p
That's actually a dilemma I'm beginning to face now. $1.5k could get me a really sweet gaming laptop or a pair of headphones. Somehow I would actually lean towards buying headphones rather than the gaming laptop. It's all about perspective I think.

Expensive audio gear is starting to become a norm for me. I remember the time when I had to carefully consider my choices when looking for a 100 buck iem, nowadays, 100 bucks is like chump change if I like it. Luckily I haven't found anything I really like :p

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #7,149 of 36,260
That's actually a dilemma I'm beginning to face now. $1.5k could get me a really sweet gaming laptop or a pair of headphones. Somehow I would actually lean towards buying headphones rather than the gaming laptop. It's all about perspective I think.

Expensive audio gear is starting to become a norm for me. I remember the time when I had to carefully consider my choices when looking for a 100 buck iem, nowadays, 100 bucks is like chump change if I like it. Luckily I haven't found anything I really like :p
Yeah, very true. I'd rather spend the $1k buying a TOTL GPU rather than a set of headphones. Don't get me wrong, love my audio, but it's at an appropriate level of fidelity for my tastes so I don't have to really spend more on it until I've won the lottery haha. Not finding things you really like that also happen to be expensive is really good for the wallet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back