The Audio Lounge
Apr 10, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #6,031 of 36,260
Only Morrissey/the smiths can write lyrics like he does/They do....big mouth strikes again hss probably my favourite opening lines to any song "sweetness ...sweetness i was only joking when I said i like to smash every tooth in your head oh oh oh oh sweetness... sweetness I was only joking when I said by rights you should be blugeoned in your bed .
Pure genius no one else could put that in a song.

Lol lol..
A couple of favourite ridiculous Morrissey lyrics of mine:
(describing an assault): "he broke my spleen, he broke my knee and then he really laid into me" (as if the spleen and knee weren't horrific enough, haha) :D

(describing tragically landing 'balls-first' on the crossbar of a bicycle during a crash): "and the pain was enough to make a shy born-buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder" :p

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #6,032 of 36,260
I've been listening to The Church, Peter Murphy and The Cure lately. Just got in that dark mood from the 80-90s...thanks for the reminders, love The Smiths and Morrissey...

Disintegration FTW! Love that album, although only rarely listen to it, as I try to generally listing to positive/energetic/uplifting music (or relaxing and warm at night).
But yes, a cracking dark and melancholy album :)

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #6,034 of 36,260
Lol lol..
A couple of favourite ridiculous Morrissey lyrics of mine:
(describing an assault): "he broke my spleen, he broke my knee and then he really laid into me" (as if the spleen and knee weren't horrific enough, haha) :D

(describing tragically landing 'balls-first' on the crossbar of a bicycle during a crash): "and the pain was enough to make a shy born-buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder" :p

Don't think I have heard the tracks but you have to give him credit lol.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #6,035 of 36,260
I just found a really cool cover of Radiohead's Creep.

I'm sure that's been posted on here before.. possibly even on this thread?
Or perhaps a different cover by the same band?

Edit. Definitely the same band, but a different song.
Grr. Can't remember which one! Help me out here people! :p

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #6,036 of 36,260
Apr 10, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #6,037 of 36,260
I'm sure that's been posted on here before.. possibly even on this thread?
Or perhaps a different cover by the same band?

Edit. Definitely the same band, but a different song.
Grr. Can't remember which one! Help me out here people! :p
I have seen this before for sure

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #6,040 of 36,260
Nice grills :) If these weren't for a work environment, I'd probably follow suit. I'll probably do the mod someone suggested in the 1060 thread to remove the foam discs inside the cups and open up the mesh on 3 grills, see if that improves anything. Otherwise, add some dampening material in the cups. First and foremost though, I'll oil the inside of the cups because the wood is HELLA dry...
All I'm reading is that you need to get a second set of 1060Cs so you can open up one of them :p

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #6,043 of 36,260
christine baranski GIF by CBS-downsized_large.gif

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #6,044 of 36,260
Thanks for reply, VE makes custom cables and I've read many impressions but without pictures, so, I was hoping someone post some pictures.

Link: https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=16

Ah thanks. I mostly bought the OKCSC for looks and not for sonic alterations. I'm kind of impressed of the looks AND the fact I have better mids with it. If @boblauer says he doesn't notice any sonic differences with the VE one, then your choice seems logical :)

Still waiting for my Ares II... Not sure it'll change much from the OKCSC, but I'll post impressions once I get it.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #6,045 of 36,260

Users who are viewing this thread

Back