The Audio Lounge
Jul 19, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #46 of 36,260
I agree with that exactly. Matt LeBlanc is killing it as the single main host. Grand Tour was better for shenanigans and its like watching a best of older Top Gears, like an old pair of shoes that have worn in to fit you perfectly. But this last Top Gear was much more informative and still entertaining. We get both, so we should thank Clarkson for punching the producer, lol.
I'd still say Matt is cohosting. But now he actually shares his cohosting duties with someone good. Chris Harris is awesome! Loved watching his reviews on Youtube, and while his old production crew wasn't crap, he gets to work on stuff with way more production value now in Top Gear. Frankly, it's a good time to be a fan of auto entertainment shows.

And to bring it back to audio, it's a damn good time to be in the audio sphere too :D. So many good choices and not all of them have to cost your month's rent.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #47 of 36,260
I've come to the decision that if I don't get a notification with tracking number from Trinity by the end of this month, I'm going to have to request a refund and move on to something else. It's not the money, as I'm not in too deep, it's just the frustration I'm having with the complete lack of truthful information. I'll spend the rest of the month deciding what to get and if Trinity comes through, sweet. If not, I'll know exactly what I want.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #48 of 36,260
I've come to the decision that if I don't get a notification with tracking number from Trinity by the end of this month, I'm going to have to request a refund and move on to something else. It's not the money, as I'm not in too deep, it's just the frustration I'm having with the complete lack of truthful information. I'll spend the rest of the month deciding what to get and if Trinity comes through, sweet. If not, I'll know exactly what I want.

Honestly I don't want to sway your decision but you will feel better for it...i did for the first few days think have I made the right decision as I realy wanted my hunter and had put so much time into waiting that I didn't want to give up,
But a week or so later I feel relieved and there's so many options out there and some great guys around to give advice and opinions.

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #49 of 36,260
Honestly I don't want to sway your decision but you will feel better for it...i did for the first few days think have I made the right decision as I realy wanted my hunter and had put so much time into waiting that I didn't want to give up,
But a week or so later I feel relieved and there's so many options out there and some great guys around to give advice and opinions.

The saddest part is that I'd have easily waited much longer without a problem, had they just been upfront and say "We have had issues A, B, & C, and that is why we are unable to deliver until such and such a date". But yeah, I've met some good people in the Trinity threads, and that is a good part of why I started this thread. It'll be a place for anyone interested in IEMs or ear buds to hang out and discuss them without being pigeon-holed into only talking about a single brand.

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #50 of 36,260
The saddest part is that I'd have easily waited much longer without a problem, had they just been upfront and say "We have had issues A, B, & C, and that is why we are unable to deliver until such and such a date". But yeah, I've met some good people in the Trinity threads, and that is a good part of why I started this thread. It'll be a place for anyone interested in IEMs or ear buds to hang out and discuss them without being pigeon-holed into only talking about a single brand.

It honestly was a good idea , im currently subscribed to I think about 7 threads/different products as I'm sure others are too , it gives us a chance to say what's going on on other threads and maybe help some decisions with purchase.
Also what had happened on the trinity thread was pretty unique with nothing to compare and some of us not wanting to complain all the time and the length of time this went on for it meant that a few of us sort of became an off shoot community which in my opinion can only be for the good, as i said it becomes a platform for us to compare what else is out there.
So yes realy good idea.

Jul 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #53 of 36,260
I just looked, the other Trinity threads seem to be at a stand still. I'll hold off and post if they fire back up and people want to talk about alternatives to Trinity IEMs.

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #54 of 36,260
I just looked, the other Trinity threads seem to be at a stand still. I'll hold off and post if they fire back up and people want to talk about alternatives to Trinity IEMs.

Im not surprised there quiet , Im a bit shocked realy with all thats happened there's just nothing moving at all! ? What's there to talk about other than what's going on?

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #55 of 36,260
Hey oldudeo4 (or anyone with suggestions) what software are you using to play your hi res on For your idsd? im using foobar at the moment but looking for something more user friendly that will play most formats .

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #56 of 36,260
Hey oldudeo4 (or anyone with suggestions) what software are you using to play your hi res on For your idsd? im using foobar at the moment but looking for something more user friendly that will play most formats .

I use MusicBee, it has native support for anything I use including DSD files, and then I EQ through EqualizerAPO. I find it super user friendly.

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #57 of 36,260
I use MusicBee, it has native support for anything I use including DSD files, and then I EQ through EqualizerAPO. I find it super user friendly.

I have music bee too, but how do you change settings to support DSD ? when I use the mojo it is not changing resolution ( lights change colour).
Anyway thanks for that il have another play with music bee get It running properly it is more user friendly than foobar .

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #58 of 36,260
I have music bee too, but how do you change settings to support DSD ? when I use the mojo it is not changing resolution ( lights change colour).
Anyway thanks for that il have another play with music bee get It running properly it is more user friendly than foobar .

Do you have the newest version of MusicBee? I don't believe I had to change any settings, it just played them.

dsd.png

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #59 of 36,260

Do you have the newest version of MusicBee? I don't believe I had to change any settings, it just played them.

Looking into it, it looks like MusicBee converts it to PCM at 88khz, not playing it as is. Hmm, maybe I'll have to use Foobar for DSD. I have it, I just like MB better.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back