The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #361 of 1,518

Quote:
Well, you got me now. I'll add the cks77 to my "to buy" list for my next travel : )

Now I'll need a player to go with the cks77... I usually listen to songs through my laptop (foobar) or Sony mp3 player (3 years old model B-Series).
Just wondering if the newer portable players (Sony Z10x0 series, A86x series) contribute significantly in sound quality? Thinking to just go for tablets instead of dedicated mp3 players.

Music through my Sony Z1060 and the CKS77. Is just mind blowing. There is no other way to describe it. I am enjoying the other features on the Z1060 as well.

Got Gladiator blueray rip on it. Using the CKS77 to watch that in high def with THX like sound quality is just too great for words. If your a fan of the Sony sound you have to try out a Z1060..

The CKS77 plays lovely on all DAPs actually but the sounds on the Z1060..The player has a very clean and neutral tone to all music with clean separation and even a wider sound than my older S545.  The sound on the player takes advantage of the natural big sound of the CKS77 and you get the type of synergy that is just plain crazy. 

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #363 of 1,518
Quote:
So far it is. CKS77>WS55>CKS90>CKS55

Does that mean you prefer the CKM50´s to the CKS90...as I thought you said you prefered the CKM50 to the WS55? If so that IEM is looking even more so like a crazy deal! 

Music through my Sony Z1060 and the CKS77. Is just mind blowing. There is no other way to describe it. I am enjoying the other features on the Z1060 as well.

Cant wait for the CKS77´s to arrive, I also got a Digizoid Z02...now that is gonna be some INSANE bass paired with the Sony Z1060 

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #364 of 1,518

Quote:
Cant wait for the CKS77´s to arrive, I also got a Digizoid Z02...now that is gonna be some INSANE bass paired with the Sony Z1060 

you've just been copying me 
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #367 of 1,518
@Danny. The Headphone WS55 is awesome headphone and the reason why I threw those into the mix is they have the exact same sound signature that is on all these CKS earphones. If I was to throw the CKM50 into the mix it would look like this.

CKS77>WS55>CKS90=CKM50>CKS55. 

I listen to my CKS55 more this morning on the way to work and while the sound is similar to the CKS77 they lack so much in comparison. If I didn't have the CKS77 the CKS55 would be ok to good in my book but since I am so used to the authority and the high level of sound that is on the CKS77 I noticed downfalls in the CKS55 sound almost immediately..

I hope they continue to clear up but the one aspect I can clearly tell where these lack is detail overall in all of the sound. The highs are almost borderline recessed, the mids are kinda sloppy as are the lows. The bass has improved the most so far but no where near the quality level that is on the CKS77.  I know these are only at half price and in this case you get half the detail of the CKS77.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #370 of 1,518

The bass end has tightened up since open box on the CKS55 and Mid bass punch wise they are now very similar to the CKS77 but is not as tight. The sub bass on the CKS77 wins hands down..I think at least the bass end of these are maturing nicely, only if the clarity was better these would be awesome for $50.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #372 of 1,518
Quote:
@Danny. The Headphone WS55 is awesome headphone and the reason why I threw those into the mix is they have the exact same sound signature that is on all these CKS earphones. If I was to throw the CKM50 into the mix it would look like this.

CKS77>WS55>CKS90=CKM50>CKS55. 

It was just because in a PM you said this comparing between the WS55 and CKM50
"the CKM50s have the better sound quality but not by a lot. Marginal but it does have the better sound quality over all. WS55s are fun set of portable headphones. Get the CKM50s. They both have proper bass but the CKM50s have better highs extension making EDM tracks sound more proper. The CKM50s are my favorites for Trance by the way even over my higher end earphones. Go for it you will love em. They will eQ much better as well. More Bass end eQ and you will have your bass thump you want." 

This was a while ago before you had the CKS77´s! 

Can understand if you changed your mind though! 

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #373 of 1,518
I would say both are very capable and are great for their prices. The CKM50 seems to have gone up in price..Don't see them being sold for $25 any more.. For the price the CKM50 are a great value no doubt but SQ wise I am liking the more fuller mids that are on the WS55 more so now a days.. I think we should have some more impressions of the CKS77 very soon. Keep an eye out.

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #375 of 1,518

Quote:
nice review now u made me to want to try it

Keep an eye out. The first group of guys that got these will get theirs very soon. The mail man hath thou carried the Atrios. Commence burn!..  If only the guys that had these heard what the CKS77 sound like. lol!. Lets see what some burn in does here...Interesting A/B coming soon..

I am very impressed with these even on first listen. Clean sounding which is a huge plus in my book. More to come later..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back