The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #226 of 1,518

Quote:
I am glad you are not worried about it.  I am not, either.  I would be concerned if AJ shipped it without a tracking number.  It might get lost, without it.  A tracking number inspires respect toward your package.  I would not order anything of significant value without a tracking number.  If your package is retained as customs, instead of getting the package, you will receive a written customs notice at the destination address.   Then you, you go and get it at customs by showing the notice.  No big deal, just more work.

I will be looking forward to your assessment of the ATH-CKS77.  If you do not post them, send me a PM.

thanks my man

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #227 of 1,518
Happy listening to the guys that just all got them. Try them out and I am sure I will hear about it later...I hope assessoryjack will be a solid way for people to get these..

I look forward to read up on what all you guys think. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #230 of 1,518

Quote:
im going to bet that the ebay ones arent fake.
also, paypal is your friend and usually they give you your money back.

I am thinking they are refurbs..As long as they are fixed from any type of sound and or physical issues that can be a good deal. I am sure BG will report with his Red ones.

I was listening to my CKS77 and I burned them in all day.. I don't know if it is a brain burn in or if they changed for me but I can swear they got cleaner sounding. IT was smooth and clean before  but I noticed today when cycling through my tunes on my old Sony S545 and not even my new Z the cleanliness of the tunes was actually more noticeable. Better definition after a lot of burn?.. I am gonna continue to burn these. I thought they were completely done. Interesting.

I think this is partly due to me using these every day and maybe a slight increase in definition ? Lots of science behind this observation.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #231 of 1,518
dsnuts,

your mind isn't playing tricks on you. After 30 hours burn-in at the higher volume I stated before, the vocals do sound slightly better and clearer. I think the diaphragm has lossen up a little which allows it move slighly faster.

Or as you suggested..... maybe a mind burn-in lol

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #232 of 1,518

Quote:
dsnuts,

your mind isn't playing tricks on you. After 30 hours burn-in at the higher volume I stated before, the vocals do sound slightly better and clearer. I think the diaphragm has lossen up a little which allows it move slighly faster.

Or as you suggested..... maybe a mind burn-in lol

So how they warming up to you snoop?..I think ever since I got these. I was in denial. I kept on rotating to other earphones only to come back to the CKS77..

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #233 of 1,518
I would say the cks77 is pretty pleasing to the ear and very easy to drive. Which makes it ideal for portables. :)   But I still stand by what I said about at higher volume, the bass will overwhelm the rest of the music.

In addition, even though the cks77 looks bulky. In actual fact it is quite light and comfortable. I think the rubberised ring around the outer shell makes helps with comfort.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #235 of 1,518
Oooooh babyy, this thread has taken off.
My pair will be coming in next week, so I can do a little review for those interested on-the-fence lurkers.
Thanks to mah nuts for his continued surveillance on this thread.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #236 of 1,518

Quote:
My pair will be coming in next week, so I can do a little review for those interested on-the-fence lurkers.

I belong to one of those "on-the-fence" lurkers haha. 
biggrin.gif
 Will await your review. On a sidenote, AKG K 550 has also triggered my interest lately as it's not the typical AKG require expensive amping headphone but actually easily driven so I may get by using ZO2 for my basscravings.

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #238 of 1,518

Quote:
How high of a volume are we talking about here?

I wouldn't worry about that so much. You would have to crank it up quite a bit for that to happen. And even then it's not like the highs and mids stay put..It also depends on what tracks you crank it up on too. On normal listening levels the sound is outrageously bold yet delicate if the track calls for it. I wouldn't recommend these for all types of music if the bass was that over whelming. In fact true bass heads will amp these to get even more bass. I think for what is there is at a good level.. Enough full bass for this type of sound to be right and very pleasant to listen to your tracks with. For guys that aren't used to bassier earphones. I think those are the type of guys that would actually end up enjoying these the most..

As these are the guys that might figure out what has been missing in their tunes. Nothing like a full bottom end to round out your music. With out it you get what I call skinny music. lol!.

Quote:

Ya Sil3nce..I look forward to yours and Dubbs take on these. It is a damn shame no one is filling out my order of my MG7 but. As handy as these put the MDTs in their place I have a feeling the MG7s are gonna have some stiff competition from these..

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #239 of 1,518
Quote:
Ya Sil3nce..I look forward to yours and Dubbs take on these. It is a damn shame no one is filling out my order of my MG7 but. As handy as these put the MDTs in their place I have a feeling the MG7s are gonna have some stiff competition from these..

I gotta feeling that your gonna prefer the CKS77 because of the soundstage...really interested in yours and TotallyDubbed´s comparrison between the 2 though! 

Also when your CKS55´s arrive could you please compare them with the Philips SHE5105!! Would really appreciate that, going to get one of these for my Dad...if I manage to persuade him long enough not to get Beats lol 

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #240 of 1,518

Quote:
Quote:

I gotta feeling that your gonna prefer the CKS77 because of the soundstage...really interested in yours and TotallyDubbed´s comparrison between the 2 though! 

Also when your CKS55´s arrive could you please compare them with the Philips SHE5105!! Would really appreciate that, going to get one of these for my Dad...if I manage to persuade him long enough not to get Beats lol 

Ya but I am one of those guys that will not say what is what until I have them in my ears. Admittedly I was interested in those Atrios before even the CKM50 thread but getting all the CKM earphones kinda stirred me toward these CKS earphone It just sucks that no one at the atrio.me is interested in customer service.. I still haven't gotten a replay to my emails. I might have to get my money back from them. .

You know you should have him get the beats stuff so he thinks they are all that. That is until you get your CKS77s. lol! You of all the guys are gonna appreciate the synergy of your new Z1060 with the CKS77.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back