The ATH-CKS77.
Jul 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #1,426 of 1,518
My CKS77X'S have over 200 hours of burn-in and I must say they are so fun to listen to. I do think they are an improvement over the previous model. These have much more lush mids and more controlled treble. The bass is ridiculously massive but these are so well-balanced that the bass never covers anything other frequencies. I think female vocals sound pretty awesome on these as well.

Definitely glad I bought them.

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,427 of 1,518
The CKS77X is definitely improved over the CKS77.. They win over the XB90 in the highs. Mids wise the CKS77X are a bit more forward while the XB90 has more depth..CKS7X has more mid bass over the Sonys and sub bass is very comparable on both.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #1,428 of 1,518
Quote:
The CKS77X is definitely improved over the CKS77.. They win over the XB90 in the highs. Mids wise the CKS77X are a bit more forward while the XB90 has more depth..CKS7X has more mid bass over the Sonys and sub bass is very comparable on both.

Yeah I wish there was a little less mid-bass, but for contemporary music it works well, and I guess AT is gearing these towards younger people, whereas the CKS99 an 1K are aimed at those wanting a more refined sound.

These things give a beautiful warmth to female vocals. I've been listening to Adele and Annie Lennox tracks and the vocals sound gorgeous. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #1,434 of 1,518
The CKS99 is going to be lesser colored in that they are actually going to be the better balanced sound out of the 2. The CKS77X is about forwardness of sound. Everything in the sound is forward the highs the mids and the lows. The mid bass is big on the CKS77X is going to be bigger than the CKS99. The CKS99 while I don't own them I have a good idea about them from owning the CKS1000.

The CKS77X is catered more toward a younger crowd or more for bass enthusiasts the CKS99 should be a bit more grown up in the sound and will have the more versatile sound over the CKS77X as they should have the less coloration in the sounds.

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #1,437 of 1,518
  I should have my CKS77X here by next week. I will compare the CKS90 and CKS77X for you once I get them. All will be answered very soon.

Dsnuts, I just ordered a pair of the CKS77X. While browsing through threads, not sure if it was this one, I could have swore one of the places you suggest to order from was cdjapan.co.jp. I searched a little but was unable to find the specific comment to quote. But I ended up ordering mine through cdjapan and if you had done the same, how long did the shipping take to arrive from Japan? I haven't gotten an eta yet, as I ordered mine on Wednesday night

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #1,438 of 1,518
Hmm. I personally haven't ordered from there. I usually do the Tenso forwarding service and buy from Amazon Japan but I know many guys on the CKM500 thread was buying their CKM500s from CDjapan. It is a safe site to order from. I would imagine about a week after they ship you should have your earphones.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #1,440 of 1,518
  Hey dsnuts. How does the CKS77x compare with the CKS77?

Taking the liberty to put in my .02$
Also having heard both, it's been a while since I listened to the original, which my daughter walked away with, but I didn't notice much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back