The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #586 of 1,518

Quote:

Good to hear as I ordered a pair of the LTDs last weekend. I had bought a pair of CK6 factory rejects for $7 a long ways back. Real deal but they were rejected cause the iron triangle logo was stamped crooked and a bit messed up. I figured the 77's were factory rejects and also read the feedback where the seller did give refunds for most issues if any. Not much of a risk. The AT physical rejects are out there you just have to weed out the fakes. Can't argue with the math; $160 worth of earphones for $59 shipped and they aren't fakes or used. Though once they are inspected and tossed off the line they don't reach the packaging stage but I don't need any packaging nor carry pouch.

Jant nice to see you get a pair..Glad you jumped on them. I agree that was worth the risk. Look forward to your take on them..

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #588 of 1,518
haha just put these back on...
Blimey...these do bump and grind like a baws :D!

This is basshead levels of bass :D!
Me likey likey, but I doubt people who DON'T like bass will blend well with the CKS77's
Sub and mid bass is very good and deep :p!

Again thanks Dsnuts for the recommendation, fits r'n'b music perfectly to say the least.
Will these be my primary earphones...
Who knows, got so many to choose from now, that I myself I'm lost a lil :p

Definitely, as said before repping the MG7s for trance though.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #589 of 1,518

Quote:
haha just put these back on...
Blimey...these do bump and grind like a baws :D!

This is basshead levels of bass :D!
Me likey likey, but I doubt people who DON'T like bass will blend well with the CKS77's
Sub and mid bass is very good and deep :p!

Again thanks Dsnuts for the recommendation, fits r'n'b music perfectly to say the least.
Will these be my primary earphones...
Who knows, got so many to choose from now, that I myself I'm lost a lil :p

Definitely, as said before repping the MG7s for trance though.

Hey that's a good problem to have. You have much wealth in earphones. Lol!. Well see to me the reason why the CKS77 are Trance kings is because they have such a big sound. If I was to go see a live Trance show I don't know if I want to see a small trance show vs something in like a live stadium. Why do I have a feeling these are growing on you by the minute. Lol.

What I tell you.. And give them some more time. They will show you how they sound for non bassy music. You are gonna love it. It is all about the presentation.  Burn in is real. Brain burn in is even more real.. Get used to this sound and then go back to the Atrios. You will see what I am talking about.

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #590 of 1,518
I see where Dsnuts is coming from. I had the previously mentioned CK6 and while I needed to EQ them a bit and take the filter/screens out and they still weren't anywhere near a technical marvel, they had some stupid engaging bass. Something like that is apart from the technical ability. The MG7 may certainly best them technically but I can see the CKS being the one Dsnuts would pick instead.

I hope to hear the same things and I might do the screen removal mod. I would like to hear the modded CKS77 vs. Atrio impressions. I can see myself taking the screens out since It seems they may have more mid-bass then I would like.

I don't expect the CKS to match my modded ASG-1 but hopefully it also has a fun engaging sound. My GR07 didn't last long vs. the ASG-1. Both technically better in a few more areas and much more fun and engaging. A super mix of both technical proficiency and musicality. AT's higher end phones seem to lose a lot in the way of fun/involving/musical nature that some of the lower end AT have. They need to blend the two just right and they will have something special. They may be starting to do this with the more recent releases such as the 77 and the new CKM300/500. It will be fun to see what the CKS can do and keep that in mind for the future. CKS99, CKM700 fall releases perhaps?  

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #592 of 1,518
Agreed. I am very much impressed with the CKM500. I eagerly await what they are gonna do with the CKM700..I am such a huge AT fan. No doubt that will be a first day purchase for me. 

Hey by the way. I got me a pair of the HJE355.. Not bad but hard to get into budget stuff now a days. lol..

It is cool to see AT use different parts of their designs to get a better sound. A smaller air chamber is on the CKM500 which gives depth to the sound. I am certain their flagship also uses an air chamber design on them..One thing I do advise before taking the filter out is give them a solid burn first and see how you like it at that point. 

I noticed that the filter in the CKM500 looks thinner I can see the different driver color in the background so it looks like the filter is very much a part of the sound design they have going on in these AT earphones..Thinner filter means cleaner leaner sound and I do believe thicker means a more fuller magnified sound.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #594 of 1,518
I'm definitely buying a pair of these!!
My only question is, how do they sound for rock?  I listen to a lot of mainstream rock like Evanescence and Linkin Park, but also lots of indie type stuff. Will these do those genres justice?

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #597 of 1,518

Quote:
I'm definitely buying a pair of these!!
My only question is, how do they sound for rock?  I listen to a lot of mainstream rock like Evanescence and Linkin Park, but also lots of indie type stuff. Will these do those genres justice?

Absolutely..You saw me throw up the U2 video and not just any U2 Video. .Love these for rock. Classic rock, modern rock, all of it sound great on these. .These throw down some serious authority for rock and metal. You wont just hear drum beats. These will pummel your lobes and make you smile from ear to ear.. Guitar riffs will be meaty just the way rock should be. Better recording the better the sound. I grew up listening to Metal and rock and I have to say for rock lovers these have to be heard. Again the versatility on these earphones for much more than just bass heavy genres is just awesome. Let us know how you hear them for your rock music. 

Eagles, Hell freezes over. This album must be heard on these. Highly recommended 

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #598 of 1,518

Quote:

Absolutely..You saw me throw up the U2 video and not just any U2 Video. .Love these for rock. Classic rock, modern rock, all of it sound great on these. .These throw down some serious authority for rock and metal. You wont just hear drum beats. These will pummel your lobes and make you smile from ear to ear.. Guitar riffs will be meaty just the way rock should be. Better recording the better the sound. I grew up listening to Metal and rock and I have to say for rock lovers these have to be heard. Again the versatility on these earphones for much more than just bass heavy genres is just awesome. Let us know how you hear them for your rock music. 

Eagles, Hell freezes over. This album must be heard on these. Highly recommended 

Jeez, you make it so easy to spend money :) I'm so excited about these puppies. Could you reply to my post in the portable bass kings thread pleeeease?

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #599 of 1,518
I will compare them but I am not as detail oriented as some on head fi, just a heads up. I will they'll you this I got a pair of brainwavez betas for my iPod and they sound like tiny tin cans compared to the fx700! I guess you get what you pay for...comparing 15$ to 300$ iem isn't really fair.

I am looking for good solid bass and don't want to ruin or loose my fx700 so it was between these and the Atrios. I don't really care for comply, multi flange tips, or wearing iem over the ears so these seem to sound about right. I also have been wanting to hear a pair of AT's. If the sound anything like my sens hd25-II i will be quite satisfied.

We'll see.....for now I am waiting on ems to deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back