The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 1,518
Isolation is above average to good but not tops. With music on low it isolates better than most. The aluminum housing for dampening gives solid detail to the sounds. I eagerly await the MG7 to compare to these as those seem to be similar to these in many ways. I will be surprised if those have the spacious sound these have though. Now that I found out that putting the tips in the 2nd slot actually give out a bit more stage I don't know if those will have the sound staging of these earphones either. But those seem to have a solid following. These are just getting under way. I love em I think for the cost they are very immersive sounding earphones.

I got these for $105 here in the US but can be found world wide. I was tempted to get the CKS90 to compare to these as those was the top CKS earphones before these came out but I saw a review where them mention the highs could have a bit more emphasis.

These CKS77 while the highs aren't at the level of a TF10 or a CKM77 these are very complete sounding earphones.. Highs have clear authority just as much as the bass and the mids for that matter. The balancing act these earphones have are quite amazing actually..There is not any part of the sound that I would consider weak or lacking in any way. Then you add this second chamber and you get a big bold spacious sound.

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 1,518

Quote:
My review on the MG7's is the opposite of spacious - I doubt you will find it in the MG7's - if anything you feel claustrophobic 

Ya I read that. I will compare both using a splitter and A/B them and I will tell the nitty gritty..The reasoning for this new thread is because I think these definitely qualify to have it's own and not be a part of the CKM50 thread. There is another I feel worth of praise but that is for another time..

This dual chamber design. I think AT has something with this. It makes these earphones sound like full sized cans. They used this dual chamber on their new flag ship the CKM1000. Take a look see. Man I would love to hear these.!

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #23 of 1,518
tempting, funny because I've been thinking of taking a plunge for these relatively new iems.
Hmm, detailed and bassy, sounds like a comparison vs the mdt/fx700 that needs to happen

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #24 of 1,518

Quote:
tempting, funny because I've been thinking of taking a plunge for these relatively new iems.
Hmm, detailed and bassy, sounds like a comparison vs the mdt/fx700 that needs to happen

I have a pair of MMDTs. Lets just say the reason why I decided to make this thread was my A/B comparison against them. I was completely surprised the Monster earphone which is a $305 MSRP earphone does not do a thing better than these. We are talking same source using a splitter..Bigger fuller more detailed and better balanced the CKS77 kinda showed up the Tributes. I was shocked actually. I was going into the comparison to see how close these CKS77 would be to them only to find out these sound superior to them.

On my CKM50 thread I did a test track with Vivaldis four season performance in a big music hall. The CKS77 it sounded like I was sitting in front row with just a huge sound and depth of the sound and that natural reverb in the recording was all encompassing as thick as it was wide. . The Tributes half the reverb was gone.  I am telling you guys. The dual chambers. They look like frankenstein bolts sticking out of your ears but..This dual chamber throws the sound on these CKS77 on a different level. Big bold full sound. As much depth as there is width. I can't say that about any other earphone I have.

What was even more interesting is while earphones like the EX600 have their own qualities that I am sure everyone should know already. When A/Bing against this. That same recording in the music hall? Not even close. These sound completely 2 dimensional in comparison.. Guys that own Monster earphones know the appeal of the Monster sound is how thick the sounds are. Big bass, big sound..  Those have been out done and way cheaper even with better build made by Audio Technica.

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #25 of 1,518

Quote:
I have a pair of MMDTs. Lets just say the reason why I decided to make this thread was my A/B comparison against them. I was completely surprised the Monster earphone which is a $305 MSRP earphone does not do a thing better than these. We are talking same source using a splitter..Bigger fuller more detailed and better balanced the CKS77 kinda showed up the Tributes. I was shocked actually. I was going into the comparison to see how close these CKS77 would be to them only to find out these sound superior to them.

You are using a splitter? Is it amplified?
I wonder if a splitter will be disadvantage to IEMs that may need more juice (harder to drive) in such A/B test.

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 1,518

On my CKM50 thread I did a test track with Vivaldis four season performance in a big music hall. The CKS77 it sounded like I was sitting in front row with just a huge sound and depth of the sound and that natural reverb in the recording was all encompassing as thick as it was wide. . The Tributes half the reverb was gone.  I am telling you guys. The dual chambers. They look like frankenstein bolts sticking out of your ears but..This dual chamber throws the sound on these CKS77 on a different level. Big bold full sound. As much depth as there is width. I can't say that about any other earphone I have.

What was even more interesting is while earphones like the EX600 have their own qualities that I am sure everyone should know already. When A/Bing against this. That same recording in the music hall? Not even close. These sound completely 2 dimensional in comparison.. Guys that own Monster earphones know the appeal of the Monster sound is how thick the sounds are. Big bass, big sound..  Those have been out done and way cheaper even with better build made by Audio Technica.

Curse you, my wallet hates you -.-
If they're that good then they're on the level of the fx700s.
Hmm, justified hype or are these really that good?
I'm try one out myself. Looking forward.

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #28 of 1,518

Quote:
Curse you, my wallet hates you -.-
If they're that good then they're on the level of the fx700s.
Hmm, justified hype or are these really that good?
I'm try one out myself. Looking forward.

Lol! Well see now. I don't own a FX700 but from reading about them I can guess that these 2 will have some similarities. Perhaps those will have even a bit more lively highs, the bass end. Hmm that would be a good comparo..I am waiting for Selenium to get a pair so he can tell me how these stack up to those. I don't know if these will be at the same level of the FX700s in sound but for what these are and my recent comparo against the Tributes. These are worthy to have in your collection. I have no doubts about that. Look forward to impressions.

I didn't mention much of the bass capabilities of these earphones.. You guys can guess..Dual chamber with aluminum dampening..I will let others mention it with their impressions. Try out all your bassy tunes but to me it is the non bassy tunes that sound unbelievable on these.

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #29 of 1,518
Lol! Well see now. I don't own a FX700 but from reading about them I can guess that these 2 will have some similarities. Perhaps those will have even a bit more lively highs, the bass end. Hmm that would be a good comparo..I am waiting for Selenium to get a pair so he can tell me how these stack up to those. I don't know if these will be at the same level of the FX700s in sound but for what these are and my recent comparo against the Tributes. These are worthy to have in your collection. I have no doubts about that. Look forward to impressions.

I didn't mention much of the bass capabilities of these earphones.. You guys can guess..Dual chamber with aluminum dampening..I will let others mention it with their impressions. Try out all your bassy tunes but to me it is the non bassy tunes that sound unbelievable on these.

If I may ask where did you order your pair from?

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #30 of 1,518
Oh damn. Lol! I looked up buy.com and they had them at $108 yesterday. Thats where I got mine for $105. They are sold out.. You can get them from Amazon but they charge $116 from a 3rd party vendor. You can also get the Japanese versions on Accessory Jack http://www.accessoryjack.com/audio-technica-ath-cks77-dynamic-solid-bass-in-ear-headphones-black-red-brd.html  Check out these sexy red ones. I think with shipping they will come out to be a bit less than a $100 but a bit longer wait times. Damn that link don't work. Look up accessoryjack.com and put CKS77 in the search bar and you are golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back