The ATH-CKS77.
Jun 14, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1,503 of 1,518
Ya they probably are rejects. You can certainly try them. Many guys on the threads are ok with them but there are usually no guarantees with rejects.

More recently on the CKR thread there have been confirmation of the CKR9 LTD edition being duped. If manufacturers are duping the CKR9 LTD they certainly have the ability to dupe any of the Audio Technica line up.

The CKS77 I still own and use for watching movies on my laptop. Still enjoying them but I have to admit there are far better earphones now a days.

Jun 15, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #1,504 of 1,518
Thanks Dsnuts,i know there are better cks ckr models nowadays.Had an option to get boxed cks77x from Japan through the middle man for 80 euro shipped with no warranty so same playing lotto.
Buying directly from Japan online store,here in Ireland, means for 100% paying customs tax+vat. So this ebay option seemed not that bad,for the money wise,even if im lucky to get good or bad sample.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #1,505 of 1,518
I bought the CKS77X a while ago and unfortunately it was worse than the CKS77.. IT was a bloated bassy mess. AT for the most part does a great job with newer offerings but once in a while they throw a goose egg. For me the CKS77X was an abomination. One of the worst earphones I have ever heard.

Bang for the buck AT earphones now a days goes with the CKR series. CKR9 and CKR10.  I would look into those.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,506 of 1,518
  I bought the CKS77X a while ago and unfortunately it was worse than the CKS77.. IT was a bloated bassy mess. AT for the most part does a great job with newer offerings but once in a while they throw a goose egg. For me the CKS77X was an abomination. One of the worst earphones I have ever heard.

Bang for the buck AT earphones now a days goes with the CKR series. CKR9 and CKR10.  I would look into those.

Thanks, good to know,glad haven't spent 80 euro for cks77x but 35 only )))

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,508 of 1,518
Both of them are terrible.  I like my bass but both are bass first iems that mask any semblance of detail.  The CKS55 is hollow sounding and has almost no control in the bass. It is a sloppy sounding earphone catered to kids that want bass and not much more.

I sold both of them very quickly and for half of what I bought them for.

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,509 of 1,518
Most recent CKS earphone I bought was the CKS1100. 

Not all that good either.  Definitely better than the CKS77 but I didn't feel they were a step above the older CKS1000. Tonality was off on them a bit too warm sounding.

Don't know if my taste in sound has changed a bit but I sold them off fairly quick as well.

Now I own the Sony XBA Z5.. These are so much what the CKS earphones want to be but quite cant get there. I know the Z5 is much more expensive over any of the CKS earphones but once you hear higher end bass earphone like the Z5 it is tough to hear lesser bass earphones.

JVC FX850 is another phone that just destroys any of these CKS earphones as well.

For bass guys I would go with the CKR10 if you want to keep it in the AT family.

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,510 of 1,518
Thanks mate, very informative, checked the web for the JVC and Sony pricing,both of them are up to 300 euro so another words those are in the different price class, top notch. My point was, would be those cks77x worth the money they cost today (on sound quality wise) or not? thnx

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,511 of 1,518
Sure if they are cheap enough go for it. You already tried the X3X. I would also look for the older CKS99 as well see how much those come out to be. I read they are similar in sonics to the CKS1000. Which will be better than the CKS77X. But if big bass full sound is what your looking for the CKS77X will have that.

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,512 of 1,518
Well yeah tried both fx1x and fx3x, the second one started giving louder sound on the left phone after 1 year use, over did like fx1x better on sound side, but have to get it rewired. Thnks for your inputs mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back