The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Jul 2, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #1,231 of 1,921
yes, but how special?  can you hear things you just cant hear with the CMK500s? or is just lush and more lovely?
as an "audio shaman" I'm very sensitive to the energy dimensions and experience that high end equipment gives
which is an emotional response and a portal to new realities created by the music and sounds!
e.g. my Vsonic gr02s amplified make me forget what i am doing and just listen, and the listening turns into synesthesia
with the textures, esp bass, so involving that the music creates new realities!  we teach people how to do this in our
TECHNOSHAMANISM workshops, but having the right gear to experience it is priceless!

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,232 of 1,921
Quote:
yes, but how special?  can you hear things you just cant hear with the CMK500s? or is just lush and more lovely?
as an "audio shaman" I'm very sensitive to the energy dimensions and experience that high end equipment gives
which is an emotional response and a portal to new realities created by the music and sounds!
e.g. my Vsonic gr02s amplified make me forget what i am doing and just listen, and the listening turns into synesthesia
with the textures, esp bass, so involving that the music creates new realities!  we teach people how to do this in our
TECHNOSHAMANISM workshops, but having the right gear to experience it is priceless!

I hear a big bass but more controlled over the 500's, the stage is massive but more coherent than the 500's.  Trebles are similar but the 1000's might have more sparkle but slightly more sibilant.  500's have more forward vocals, the 1000's sound recessed compared to the 500's.  I prefer the vocals on the 500's more.  The 500's take me with the music with it's lush presentation, the 1000's stage is something special, it also immerses me with the music.  I would say it's technically a better phone, not sure if it's more fun than the 500's but it's definitely fun.  I hear more details while listening to the 1000's but not by much.  They possess different qualities in the CKM series but I would say they are more similar then different.  Never heard the CKM99's but others have said the 1000's are a step up from those.  

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,233 of 1,921
I cant decide which Meelec tips i like better, the short bi-flange or the "balanced sound" bi-flange. Im kinda leaning towards the "balanced sound" bi-flange tips but i dont know why. I cant quite pin-point the difference.

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #1,234 of 1,921
Quote:
I cant decide which Meelec tips i like better, the short bi-flange or the "balanced sound" bi-flange. Im kinda leaning towards the "balanced sound" bi-flange tips but i dont know why. I cant quite pin-point the difference.

I've been having the same issues.  I've also enjoyed the Sony hybrids.  It's a versatile earphone I guess.  

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #1,235 of 1,921
I put on my 500's a pair of Monster gels and they rocked. Gels I always recalled helped when I had the Miles Davis Tributes and they add a certain something to the 500's. At some point later, I'll give the MeElecs a try.

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #1,236 of 1,921
Quote:

Yeah one more here, i was first thinking the short bi-flange is better and more comfty, but now after getting the "balanced sound" tips in place not sure anymore. Now listening to Hans Zimmer "Time" from inception, some nice stage these have! ofc i'm a audiophile noob and haven't owned many good headphones...
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #1,238 of 1,921
Took some nice pics from the blue ones and some tip comparison :)

Original - bi-flange short (medium) - "balanced sound" bi-flange both meelec ofc.
wink_face.gif

You're stuck deciding on which of those two Meelec tips you like better as well? Im stuck between the same two.

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #1,239 of 1,921
Answer: put one of each on at the same time. :)

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,242 of 1,921
Quote:
You're stuck deciding on which of those two Meelec tips you like better as well? Im stuck between the same two.

Yeah lol, i wish the grey ones would be a bit smaller to fit better. testing testing... 
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks, kanuka 
etysmile.gif

Yea.... Same here. I wish they were a tiny bit smaller. They are comfy for a couple of hours though. I was able to wear my Sleek Audio SA6's all day though it seemed.

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #1,244 of 1,921

Users who are viewing this thread

Back