The ATH-CKM50. The CKM family impressions..(First look at the NEW CKM500)..Pg 86
Feb 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #841 of 1,323
Well thats just it. Usually bassy earphones means something has to give. Less highs or maybe recessed mids less definition with a big mid bass bloat.. None of this is happening on these earphones. The highs are nicely detailed and have that AT sparkle when called for. The mids are full and present and not as recessed as the CKM50s. Vocals have a fullness and clarity. The bass is simply out of this planet the best quality bass. Sub bass is some of the best I have ever heard as well. These hit every high note and low note with authority and that is what makes these unique.. When I say nothing is lacking on these that is exactly what I mean. There is absolutely nothing lacking in the sound and add to that the fullness of note and this airy spacial presentation and it makes for one truly enjoyable earphone..

On an added note. These have the best isolation out of all the AT earphones to date with almost no microphonics. And no short cord. These have the full 1Meter long cord. Thank goodness.

The CKM50 sound like a 2.1 presentation
the CKS77s sound like a 5.1 presentation.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #842 of 1,323

Quote:
Well thats just it. Usually bassy earphones means something has to give. Less highs or maybe recessed mids less definition with a big mid bass bloat.. None of this is happening on these earphones. The highs are nicely detailed and have that AT sparkle when called for. The mids are full and present and not as recessed as the CKM50s. Vocals have a fullness and clarity. The bass is simply out of this planet the best quality bass. Sub bass is some of the best I have ever heard as well. These hit every high note and low note with authority and that is what makes these unique.. When I say nothing is lacking on these that is exactly what I mean. There is absolutely nothing lacking in the sound and add to that the fullness of note and this airy presentation and it makes for one truly enjoyable earphone..

On an added note. These have the best isolation out of all the AT earphones to date with almost no microphonics. And no short cord. These have the full 1Meter long cord. Thank goodness.

The CKM50 sound like a 2.1 presentation
the CKS77s sound like a 5.1 presentation.

Good point, I forgot they do have to lose something, glad they didn't lose anything. I will wait until I have enough money for them, I hate getting a little impatient for a new set of earphones, especially bassy balanced ones. Thanks for your input, your full input since these bolded words ACTUALLY MAKE ME WANT TO BUY IT MORE DX.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #843 of 1,323
It is just odd to me there is almost no fan fare for these CKS77s. Then again I am aware of the previous versions kinda failing. I suppose if I once had the CKS70s I doubt I would throw down another $100 on a newer improved version either. 

But timing is everything. I know for a fact Audio Technica improves on their house sounds with every iteration of headphones and earphone.. For example. the A900 full sized headphone which was and still is one of their most popular headphone the only complaint with them was the lack of bass on them. So what do they do they add much better bass to the newer A900X to balance the highly detailed sound on the old A900..

The CKS70 was lacking in mids and had some rolled off highs that didn't extend that well so says Celios in his review of them. If I was to somehow engineer the perfect bassy earphones.. These CKS77s would be it. These are not just for guys that want a bassier earphone. These are for guys that want to enjoy their music with detail while having full bass. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #845 of 1,323
Well how about I trade you my $100 CKS77 for your $700 Grado RS-1. You will save some money to try them
ksc75smile.gif

Wow those look serious These better make you feel like you are floating on air listening to your tunes.lol!!

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #846 of 1,323

Here's the cks77 fanfare! If people actually did buy a lot, I hate it when some brands and products don't get this much attention.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #847 of 1,323
Good try, Dsnuts, good try! :wink:

I'm selling 3 of my full-sized headphones and my ER-4Ps in order to get this RS1, so I would be very happy if it let me levitate as well as listen to music! I've come to the realization that I thoroughly enjoy the colorful in-you-face Grado sound, so I'm consolidating all my full-sized ones (besides my closed M50S, because one always needs at least one closed can!).

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #848 of 1,323

Quote:
@aspenx.  I am glad you didn't talk me out of getting the CKS77.. I have to admit I am a bass lover especially quality. These hit sub bass like no other I have. Yet I also love even more of a detailed sound out of my CKM77s. I guess it all will depend on what I want to hear.. These CKS77s will get my EDM and hip hop duties.

I don't think anyone could have talked you out of getting the CKS77 man. You're on a rolllll.

The only thing I might want to "talk" you into would be... you guessed it.

GET THE CKM99 NOW. haha.

Anyways, I'm also wondering what gear you listened to all these phones on.

EDIT: My system has changed slightly (now with noticeably power filtering and more burn-in) and my CKM99 is a different beast from what I remembered. It might just be more similar to being the IEM-version of the W1000X as you suggested now.

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #849 of 1,323
@Dsnuts:

Apologies if I missed it, but have you already tried the ATH-CKS55? I've seen them available in a retail store in my country for about $60-ish and i'm considering them for a "fun" backup IEM.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #850 of 1,323
is there any fake cks77? in taobao-buying-agent.com there is for $32 without shipping( i guess $40-45 shipped to any country). i just from them got soundmagic es18 for $19, which sounds like much prised e10. you can look my thread.
dsnuts, you realy should test es18, and i think i will get cks77.

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #851 of 1,323
Just got the ckm77 after a long month of waiting! first impressions are very good. It is nowhere near the reviews where some said that it is harsh and unbearable. Dsnuts you are right on point bullseye. These are clearly an upgraed over the isurus. Bigger and tighter bass that is very full bodied. Crystal clear mids. Shimmering and sparkly highs. Sounds like a mini a900x to me. Time to burn this baby in!

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #852 of 1,323

Quote:
@Dsnuts:

Apologies if I missed it, but have you already tried the ATH-CKS55? I've seen them available in a retail store in my country for about $60-ish and i'm considering them for a "fun" backup IEM.

STAY AWAY from the CKM55!! Seriously you will hate them.. The CKM50s are better in every single way over the lameness that is the CKM55s. See this is what I don't get. I have no idea how the same guys that created the CKM50 CKM77 CKS77.. Make a gimpy earphone like these CKM55s. Go to page 15 for my impressions of them. These are the worst earphones I have heard from AT by far.. Even their cheaper CK303 sounds better.. If you go to the beginning of the thread there is a list of where you can find the impressions of all the CKM earphones. Basically it goes like this
CKM33= Neutral balanced solid detail a mini CKM77 fantastic value for the price. These sound very similar to the CKM77s but not as refined of course but fantastic none the less.
CKM50=Musical bassy yet proper and layered very well fun sound a bit recessed mids yet very smooth, full on detailed highs and bass. Very enjoyable listening earphones.
CKM55=This was supposed to be the upgrade to the CKM50s but turned out to be a muffled mess. I warn you stay away.. The worst earphones AT makes.
CKM77=Neutral balanced high end detail and imaging.. VERY nice earphones. One of my favorites
CKS77=Musical bassy high end detailed phone with solid balance and clarity for a bassy iem. These are astonishing and is quicky becoming one of my faves. The true upgrade to the    CKM50 sound..

Quote:
is there any fake cks77? in taobao-buying-agent.com there is for $32 without shipping( i guess $40-45 shipped to any country). i just from them got soundmagic es18 for $19, which sounds like much prised e10. you can look my thread.
dsnuts, you realy should test es18, and i think i will get cks77.

I was looking at ebay the other day there is some serious shady questionable sales on them AT earphones on there. I saw some guy from Hong Kong that was selling a no boxed supposedly NEW CKS90 for $68. I read on there. I think what these guys are selling are factory rejects. They could be defective/ refurbs they are selling. Upon reading about the earphones they mention there is no original box no extra tips. Just the new earphones. My guess is these are from where they manufacture them and are rejects for some reasons. You know the saying if it sounds too good to be true. Well.

Quote:
Just got the ckm77 after a long month of waiting! first impressions are very good. It is nowhere near the reviews where some said that it is harsh and unbearable. Dsnuts you are right on point bullseye. These are clearly an upgraed over the isurus. Bigger and tighter bass that is very full bodied. Crystal clear mids. Shimmering and sparkly highs. Sounds like a mini a900x to me. Time to burn this baby in!

So I made a guess before I did the isurus thread about how AT could have made the Isurus for TT. Good guess don't you think. That sound signature of the isurus remind you of CKM77 a bit? Enjoy them new earphones they are a marvel and have been overlooked by this community. Not any more if I can help it. The CKM77s are too good for guys not to try out.

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #853 of 1,323
Thanks ivrhs.. If these are real. They look real this is not even half the cost of what I bought them for shipped. Worth trying out imo.. Nice find. http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-14833892998.html  Funny my retail box had no extension cable like the one they are offering on this link.

This one is for the CKM99.. hmm.  http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/china-wholesale-14108303949.html

I am thinking about getting a CKM99 and the red CKS77 for less than what I would buy a single CKM99 lol.I need to find out if this is for real but I still wonder why these sell without retail packaging.

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #854 of 1,323

Quote:

I don't think anyone could have talked you out of getting the CKS77 man. You're on a rolllll.

The only thing I might want to "talk" you into would be... you guessed it.

GET THE CKM99 NOW. haha.

Anyways, I'm also wondering what gear you listened to all these phones on.

EDIT: My system has changed slightly (now with noticeably power filtering and more burn-in) and my CKM99 is a different beast from what I remembered. It might just be more similar to being the IEM-version of the W1000X as you suggested now.

The CKM99s were discontinued by AT. I am wondering why. Could it be because they are using the same drivers on the CKM1000? These look like AT is using a dual chamber system much like the CKS earphone but with the clarity of the CKM99s. Makes sense to me. Of course they have to charge $580 for them. Could these sound like even a more refined CKS77? There is no way I am gonna pay that much to try one though.Lol! Why do the Japanese always get the cool stuff.??

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #855 of 1,323

Quote:
STAY AWAY from the CKM55!! Seriously you will hate them.. The CKM50s are better in every single way over the lameness that is the CKM55s. See this is what I don't get. I have no idea how the same guys that created the CKM50 CKM77 CKS77.. Make a gimpy earphone like these CKM55s. Go to page 15 for my impressions of them. These are the worst earphones I have heard from AT by far.. Even their cheaper CK303 sounds better.. 

I think you've confused which model I was asking about, it's the ATH-CKS55, part of their "solid bass" line:

Quote:
@Dsnuts:

Seeing as you have glowing praise for the ATH-CKS77, the CKS55 shouldn't sound too far off I assume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back