The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Sep 8, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #2,176 of 2,897
Guys,

If you crave the organic analogue sound of the Tera Player (TP) in a full size DAC without the pronounced frequency extreme truncations of the TP and with better connectivity for use in your home rig, the LessLoss Echo's End DAC is like listening to a Tera Player on steroids. I rate it very highly indeed. :)

http://www.lessloss.com/echos-end-p-218.html?zenid=1174qpsbuj9f3acjhle2rdh9s7

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #2,177 of 2,897
I had the Lotoo Paw Gold myself and I admit is a very good sounding portable music player,but o prefer the Tera's sound signature.
But the Paw Gold is the best second in my opinion from everything i tried all the way up to AK380 Cu.

Tralucent Plus 5 and Uber cable - this is what you have to try with both Tera and LPG before you can be sure which you prefer.  You may still end up preferring Tera but LPG is absolutely stunning with these phones.

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #2,179 of 2,897
Tgdinamo- i would consider if i can hear them before the purchase.

I understand as those are very expensive - with uber cable it all adds up to around $3K. I had no concern ordering them before I heard them, but that's because I already had 2 great experiences with older Tralucent models which are all truly in a class of their own especially when it comes to IEM pairing with Tera.

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #2,181 of 2,897
Can't go wrong with tralucent. My love affair continues. Only heard the Ref 1 Too with the LPG, excellent pairing. One day I hope to hear the Tera Player.

You won't miss much [for not able to audition the Tera] in fact my friend. It's more of a myth for those never had one.

For true analog sound, don't see any current DAPs could come close to the true analogue sound...try out Walkmans in those old days for a few minutes then you know what I mean.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #2,182 of 2,897
The Tera Player is not only about the amazing sound quality,it is also about portability and long battery life.
And i didn't mention about the stability.Every player has more or less glitches with the firmware,bugs,the UI slows down after few months.
Tera can be used while in the pocket,without no problem.
Once you insert the SD card music start playing instantly( 0.5 sec ) and that's a Big bonus for me.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #2,183 of 2,897
I don't suppose there are any Tera owners that are thinking about letting theirs go? :grinning:

Sep 10, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #2,185 of 2,897

You might regret it 
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,187 of 2,897
Today i have received my Monk+ red earbuds from Massdrop. Straight out the Tera Player with two covers on,i am very impressed.The soundstage is huge, with great quality, a full dynamic sound.The bass is lacking a bit but that was to be expected from an earbud.
Burn in progress should help the whole frequency response smoother.
Really pleased with this purchase and i still cannot believe they cost only $4.99
Anyone needs to hear them and own at least 1 pair:trophy::grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back