The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jul 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #91 of 2,897
Is a shame there will be no London 2014 hi fi meeting as I would have loved to try my Tera with other full size closed headphones that match or are better in sound with Korta KLoss moded.
My one and only gadget from many others that will neverbe sold.
Hope Charles won't charge lots to replace the battery after few years.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #92 of 2,897
Nothing to stop you organising a meet buddy! :wink_face:

Is a shame there will be no London 2014 hi fi meeting as I would have loved to try my Tera with other full size closed headphones that match or are better in sound with Korta KLoss moded.
My one and only gadget from many others that will neverbe sold.
Hope Charles won't charge lots to replace the battery after few years.

Jul 27, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #94 of 2,897
musicday,

We are all 'foreign' to some extent, as I'm descended from a mixture of Nordic and Irish blood.

Having organised the 2012 UK Head-Fi Meet I feel as though I've done my bit. It is very disappointing how reluctant UK members are to arrange a meet, as it's not difficult and just takes a bit of application. So you guys should stop moaning about the lack of a 2014 gathering and commit to doing something about it.

I can't as I am a foreigner,but if you are willing we.can always meet in a park local and have a picnic also
:)

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #95 of 2,897
musicday,

We are all 'foreign' to some extent, as I'm descended from a mixture of Nordic and Irish blood.

Having organised the 2012 UK Head-Fi Meet I feel as though I've done my bit. It is very disappointing how reluctant UK members are to arrange a meet, as it's not difficult and just takes a bit of application. So you guys should stop moaning about the lack of a 2014 gathering and commit to doing something about it.

I thought you have sold your TP a while ago?  Have you?

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #96 of 2,897
Nearly sold it but a few minor blemishes put the buyer off and I've now decided to keep it.  
atsmile.gif

Quote:
  I thought you have sold your TP a while ago?  Have you?

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #98 of 2,897
I agree with tgdinamo. I tried my tera with the 1plus2 at a Headfi meet in London last year. They are a superb match unamplified. One of the best combos I have heard. If I could afford them I wouldn't look back.

I disagree with this. I have been using Tera with 1plus2 over the last year or so and it's the best SQ I have ever heard - without any additional amp.
I have also purchased the Ref 1 and am burning those in at the moment. Hoping they may take care of the occasional sibilance 1plus2 struggles with with some recordings (but only on handful of hot recordings).
By the way, in my opinion Tera is better than both AK120 and HM901 - don't know about AK240 as I have not had the chance to audition it.
Of course the trick with Tera is to get the right phones - meaning either Koss Porta Pro if you want open, or one of the Tralucent IEM's - nothing else I have tried gets even close to how great those pair with Tera.

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #99 of 2,897
I agree with tgdinamo. I tried my tera with the 1plus2 at a Headfi meet in London last year. They are a superb match unamplified. One of the best combos I have heard. If I could afford them I wouldn't look back.

If you are thinking of buying 1plus2 at this point I would recommend to buy Ref 1 instead (both phones are from Tralucent, where Ref 1 is their new flagship). I have Ref 1 already for couple of weeks and it's even better than already amazing 1plus2 (occasional sibilance I noticed on 1plus2 is completely gone on Ref 1, and mids and bass are even better).
Also, Ref 1 works perfectly fine with the stock Tralucent cable (gold/silver) while to get the most out of 1plus2 it's better to upgrade the cable to either ultra expensive uber cable, or something else from another vendor.

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #100 of 2,897

As Tera's SQ leans on the soft side and with 1Plus2's super sharp characteristic and they are one perfect match

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #102 of 2,897
  the tera is truly an amazing player. the SQ for the size and battery life make it truly unbeatable

You are right...Tera's battery is amazing.  I always looking at my AK240 on how much power remaining but when using Tera this has never come to my mind.

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #104 of 2,897
In fact Tera battery seems not to be discharged not even after weeks if I don't use it, but I enjoy it very much and is a treat to hear that sound reproduction all the time.

Thanks for reminding me to charge my TP and going to do that tonight.

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #105 of 2,897
If you are thinking of buying 1plus2 at this point I would recommend to buy Ref 1 instead (both phones are from Tralucent, where Ref 1 is their new flagship). I have Ref 1 already for couple of weeks and it's even better than already amazing 1plus2 (occasional sibilance I noticed on 1plus2 is completely gone on Ref 1, and mids and bass are even better).
Also, Ref 1 works perfectly fine with the stock Tralucent cable (gold/silver) while to get the most out of 1plus2 it's better to upgrade the cable to either ultra expensive uber cable, or something else from another vendor.

Thanks for the heads up... I think... I have started to think about selling my old iems and earbuds to see if I can raise enough cash... :)

As Tera's SQ leans on the soft side and with 1Plus2's super sharp characteristic and they are one perfect match

Certainly the best I've heard (not tried the ref1s yet). Had the Tera player for over 18 months now. One of my best audio purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back