The All New Earsonics SM3 Appreciation, Discussion and Review Thread!
Jul 29, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 1,380
Thanks mate. Fresh snow!  No pissing please.

Let me start by saying my name is Ben and I'm an SM3aholic. 

I use SM3 every day, and I inject its liquid ambrosia into my ears using the Sensorcom double flange tips and Cowon J3 delivery systems.

I have no intention of quitting anytime soon.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 1,380

Quote:
Thanks mate. Fresh snow!  No pissing please.

Let me start by saying my name is Ben and I'm an SM3aholic. 

I use SM3 every day, and I inject its liquid ambrosia into my ears using the Sensorcom double flange tips and Cowon J3 delivery systems.

I have no intention of quitting anytime soon.

You're welcome. It's the least I could do. Would you believe that I'm now contemplating buying a pair of these? Call me fickle.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 1,380
Nice call iponderous. The discussion about these does need to go on for sure. And I wouldn't say fickle, no. Just curious. I was curious about them too and clicked 'order' rather spontaneously I must admit, expecting to find the usual 'BA disappointment' in comparison to dynamics, but I was pleasantly surprised. 

I forget, is there a good resource to pick these up around your neck of the woods? 

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 1,380

First and foremost, since a picture paints a thousand words and guys are shamelessly visual creatures, here's a pic of my staple portable rig from here on out!

I just spent the entire day with the above rig and am kinda at a loss for words right now! I've never experienced such a satisfying listening commute ever before! I've been waiting for ages for the Pico Slim to arrive and have been on the prowl for the longest time for MY perfect IEMs and i'm happy to say, i've finally arrived at MY OWN personal portable audio nirvana!

I've had my share of disappointments with other IEMs and i'm just ecstatic that i've finally experienced a portable rig that i can truly say i am 100% satisfied with, given my current budget and commitment to the audio journey! I can't honestly put a finger to a single area that i would want to improve upon. And since my Pico Slim just arrived yesterday and have been burning in the SM3s for approximately a week now, i can only expect whatever "burning-in" to make this rig sound even sweeter!

So i salute you head-fiers for all the recommendations and suggestions in aiding me in search for MY ultimate portable rig!

Now, let's see what can be done with my desktop rig! ARGH!

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #7 of 1,380
Nothing surprises me in this place Mr Fickle.

I say get them.  You can then listen to them and type some words about them.  And if you don't like them you can sell them. But if you do like them, you can keep them.

You cannot hide from the monkey on your back.

Quote:

You're welcome. It's the least I could do. Would you believe that I'm now contemplating buying a pair of these? Call me fickle.

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #8 of 1,380
Great stuff. Are the comply tips working well for you? Have you tried others?  Only asking, cos I'm yet to try an iem with which complys don't suck up all the sound and make everything muddy.

Quote:

First and foremost, since a picture paints a thousand words and guys are shamelessly visual creatures, here's a pic of my staple portable rig from here on out!

I just spent the entire day with the above rig and am kinda at a loss for words right now! I've never experienced such a satisfying listening commute ever before! I've been waiting for ages for the Pico Slim to arrive and have been on the prowl for the longest time for MY perfect IEMs and i'm happy to say, i've finally arrived at MY OWN personal portable audio nirvana!

I've had my share of disappointments with other IEMs and i'm just ecstatic that i've finally experienced a portable rig that i can truly say i am 100% satisfied with, given my current budget and commitment to the audio journey! I can't honestly put a finger to a single area that i would want to improve upon. And since my Pico Slim just arrived yesterday and have been burning in the SM3s for approximately a week now, i can only expect whatever "burning-in" to make this rig sound even sweeter!

So i salute you head-fiers for all the recommendations and suggestions in aiding me in search for MY ultimate portable rig!

Now, let's see what can be done with my desktop rig! ARGH!

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 1,380
crumpler-

Sweet setup. Finding that point of satisfaction is awesome, no? My rig is uber-simple too. 

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #10 of 1,380

Quote:
Great stuff. Are the comply tips working well for you? Have you tried others?  Only asking, cos I'm yet to try an iem with which complys don't suck up all the sound and make everything muddy.

To be honest, i've only ever tried the double flange, Shure olives, complys and iBuds. And i really enjoy the complys cos it allows for a super deep insertion into the ear canal and i don't have to squish them with my fingers like i do with the Olives before wearing them! So it's kinda convenient.

I guess my curse is indeed my blessing in this case, i really don't have golden ears to be able to perfectly differentiate between the different tips. The complys suit my needs perfectly! :)

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #11 of 1,380

Quote:
crumpler-

Sweet setup. Finding that point of satisfaction is awesome, no? My rig is uber-simple too. 

Wow, the Sony X Walkman's that good eh? Not using the Headstage arrow even though you have it in your inventory? That (The Sony Walkman) i gotta try soon! :)

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #12 of 1,380
Thats cool and the gang  - whatever floats the ear canal boats eh?

Hey CN11 - you not cut that cord tube off yet? Mine had to go before it strangled me.

Quote:
To be honest, i've only ever tried the double flange, Shure olives, complys and iBuds. And i really enjoy the complys cos it allows for a super deep insertion into the ear canal and i don't have to squish them with my fingers like i do with the Olives before wearing them! So it's kinda convenient.

I guess my curse is indeed my blessing in this case, i really don't have golden ears to be able to perfectly differentiate between the different tips. The complys suit my needs perfectly! :)

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #13 of 1,380

Quote:
Wow, the Sony X Walkman's that good eh? Not using the Headstage arrow even though you have it in your inventory? That (The Sony Walkman) i gotta try soon! :)

Yeah, I think it's really good. All my other phones show a nice improvement over the X alone with the Arrow, but not the SM3's for some strange reason. I love the Arrow with everything else, and will keep it for driving any other larger headphones. But when it comes to the SM3's, it's just them and the X. And thankfully it doesn't get much smaller for portable rigs!

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #14 of 1,380

Quote:
Thats cool and the gang  - whatever floats the ear canal boats eh?

Hey CN11 - you not cut that cord tube off yet? Mine had to go before it strangled me.

No, ha ha. Thankfully I don't need to remove it. The fit is snug though with it pushed all the way down. IF they ever go on the sale chopping block, I would want it to be intact for a new owner. But, I can't see that happening anytime soon. 

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #15 of 1,380

Quote:
Nothing surprises me in this place Mr Fickle.

I say get them.  You can then listen to them and type some words about them.  And if you don't like them you can sell them. But if you do like them, you can keep them.

You cannot hide from the monkey on your back.

I just might have to hire him and take up organ grinding to finance them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back