The age poll!!! (i'm 15, how about you?)
Dec 29, 2001 at 6:23 AM Post #46 of 166
Am I the only one who finds it funny the poll is measured in "yaars"?
biggrin.gif

I also noticed MacDEF has tweeked his robot avatar, again. Is the robot aging w/ you, man?
wink.gif

And since I forgot to mention earlier, I'm 22, baby!
cool.gif

Dec 29, 2001 at 6:53 AM Post #48 of 166
i was born the same year sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band was released. that makes me 34. i got into audio in my teens; that's when i got one of the 1st walkmans, one of the 1st "compact laser disc" players, one of the 1st discmans, and my advent speakers which i still use today. hell, i even still have many of the 1st cds ever made. redbook has come a loooong way in my time. although i still love audio there's nothing like the first time i listened to a cd when i was a kid. okay, hearing the cd1700s for the first time comes close.

it makes sense to me there are so many younger folks into audio here--i got hooked at a young age. although some of the age disclosures were a bit surprising!
eek.gif

*redshifter hobbles off to the old audiophile's home mumbling something about "these kids today..."*

Dec 29, 2001 at 9:35 AM Post #51 of 166
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Am I the only one who finds it funny the poll is measured in "yaars"?
biggrin.gif

I'm going to guess that that is because Flasken is from Denmark, isn't that how the "Denmarkians" (sp?) say years? (Flasken, please correct me if i'm wrong there)

Quote:

Originally posted by johnmark
I'm 17 and this is my first post!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Head-Fi, have to say that i'm envious of you being "so" young, I wish i was 17 again... Wouldn't have bothered buying all that crappy equipment i had, would have just saved up for something better than i have already
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2001 at 9:51 AM Post #52 of 166
I've been 45 since my last birthday. I'll probably stay that way until my next one.

Dec 29, 2001 at 10:15 AM Post #54 of 166
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
I also noticed MacDEF has tweeked his robot avatar, again. Is the robot aging w/ you, man?
wink.gif

As I mentioned to JoeBloggs in another thread, he saw my wallet after buying holiday gifts
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2001 at 12:39 PM Post #57 of 166
Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
...you thirty-, fourty- and fifty-somethings are a bunch of drama queens! I mean, if you were 78, OK. But you've got most of your lives ahead of you (for the most part).

Just to rub it in, though, I'm 20, dawg.

- Matt Up In He-yah

"drama queen" is one of the seven ages of man, comes right after "young adult" and a bit before "middle-age"
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2001 at 1:19 PM Post #59 of 166
Duncan said:

I'm going to guess that that is because Flasken is from Denmark, isn't that how the "Denmarkians" (sp?) say years?

No way! The el crappo english speaking people in Denmark say "yees".
biggrin.gif

- I was just watching the simpsons (great show) and that old sailor whit the pipe just sounds so funny... "Aaarr... I've been saylin' tha seven seas for many yaaaars"
tongue.gif

MacDEF, thanks for the correction from "Denmarkians to Danes" (geesus Duncan...
rolleyes.gif
)

Theres another thing i find interesting her...;: The poll says that there are most people at my age, but all the people posting in here are older!!! .... A lot of "peekers" in here i guess...

SPEAK UP YOU WHO IS AS OLD AS A MUMMIE!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 29, 2001 at 1:20 PM Post #60 of 166
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
Forty freakin' six !!!!!!!
[size=small]Let's hear it for the old bastards [/size]
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

From one "Old person" to a "Youngster". Now well into my "Second Childhood", only possible as an "Old Sumbitch".

Life just keeps getting better.

All you youngsters, PLEASE PROTECT YOUR HEARING! I can still really enjoy the music at 60, but I protected my ears as much as I could, even when there wasn't as much information available about the dangers.

You will want to hear the music 40 years from now, without a hearing aid. Be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back