The 10 most dangerous toys of all time
Dec 16, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.radarmagazine.com/feature...sky-dancer.jpg

My cousin had one. They were really fun actually, I cant see how they could cause concussions.

Yeah, my sister had at least one of those and I really don't see how it could cause "scratched corneas and temporary blindness, mild concussions, broken ribs and teeth, and facial lacerations that required stitches." I remember grabbing it out of the air all the time and it hitting me without a problem.

Dec 16, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 30
My brother had not one, but TWO of those, well, rather the male-oriented version. Dragonflies or something was it? I do know that I came close to getting injured with them a few times. Amazing what a little velocity does to plastic.

Dec 16, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't see how it could cause "scratched corneas and temporary blindness, mild concussions, broken ribs and teeth, and facial lacerations that required stitches."

I think those were injuries not directly caused by the flying doll, but caused because of kids running away and escaping from those flying toys when they exhibited that erratic "Oh-Jesus-it's-chasing-me!" flying patterns.

Truly hilarious article.

Dec 16, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe intestines were torn by the Battlestar Galactica launchers. Must have been some really powerful springs.

I think thats from kids eating the rockets.

Dec 16, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #24 of 30
I don't know if it was because I just woke up but that article had me in severe abdominal pain... from the laughing, that is.

I really enjoyed the write-up on the eating Cabbage Patch doll. Second favorite had to be the maming power of the Sky Dancer. My little sister had a bunch of those sky dancer things. They didn't work AT ALL. The flew like they were made of granite. All of the pullstring-helicopter toys they made for boys worked much, much better.

Dec 16, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #25 of 30
LOL... I survived the battlestar gallactica thingies. I always wanted a creepy crawler set.

I used to have this spring loaded "gun set" that shoots little colored plastic discs. Anyone else have those? I cant remember what they were called, but you could pick off your terrified little brother from across the room with ease.

IMHO kids have gotten much more stupid in recent decades. It AMAZES the things around the house my kids see and think... "Mmmm yum yum.. tasty!!". I caught my son trying to eat tree bark the other month.. he's 4.5
blink.gif
blink.gif
!!

over the summer we were at a BBQ at a friends place. He has 3 boys. They were playing with a snorkel, scooping dirt into it and EATING (!!) it... Like a beer bong!!
blink.gif
blink.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #26 of 30
I've survived several of those toys lol, we had those lawn darts and i remember having those creepy crawlwers. We also has Shrinky Dinks or some such thing, you colored and cut out these plastic cartoons and then 'cooked' them in your mom's oven
tongue.gif
Surprised I didn't see the Wood Burning set , my old Chemistry set, or the famous Red Ryder BB guns (You'll put yer eye out with that!)
eggosmile.gif

Edit: we also had those clackers (untill they got hung up in some overhead telephone wires)
blink.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #28 of 30
Not sure how I survived owning Jarts. I once swallowed a LARGE sized marble on accident when I was a kid. Had it in my mouth for some dumb reason and down it went. Felt like it was stuck in my throat forever although I could breath. Too scared to tell someone about it. Wonder if it's still bouncing around in my somewhere.

Dec 17, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #29 of 30
I loved my Creepy Crawlers Oven! I don't think I ever burned myself because my mom always bought the wrong size bulb so we had to cook them for 3 times as long at a lower temperature lol. Guess that was a good thing
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by will75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I once swallowed a LARGE sized marble on accident when I was a kid. Had it in my mouth for some dumb reason and down it went. Felt like it was stuck in my throat forever although I could breath. Too scared to tell someone about it. Wonder if it's still bouncing around in my somewhere.

How old were you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back