Thank you Head-Fi
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wavoman

Headphoneus Supremus
For my 1000th post, I wanted to thank Jude, a bunch of specific members (too many to name, but you know who you are), and all Head-Fi'ers out there for creating this wonderful on-line and in-person community -- of which I am proud and honored to be a member.

What an 18-month ride! Life changing. Why? Because listening to great music with superb HPs is relaxing and stimulating at the same time, a most welcome and sanity-saving change from work (especially in this economy).

Without any sense of hyperbole, I do believe that without HPs and this forum I would have turned to alcohol or worse to cope with the stress of each (business) day, or had serious stress-related health issues.

Instead, I smile with nearly unbounded enthusiasm when the second line of a conversation is "you did what??" (the first line is my "I went to a headphone meeting last week" or "I visited a headphone company today", etc. etc.). I retain cell-phone photos of CanJam 08 and 09 to show as these conversations progress. I also have been inventing a number of snappy comebacks to the ever-common "like Bose?".

Life is good. My wife, not a gadget person, LOVES her markl Denon D2000s (Lawton 2000s really), and for her birthday this year I gave her "Orpheus Time" instead of a physical gift and she loved it (OK, along with the promise of handbag shopping trip later -- but even there I win, since on every shopping trip now the Shure 530's tag along, making love to a little i7 in my pocket). Back in 2006 I didn't even know these things existed. Now over a dozen Continental Airlines flight attendants have written down "iQube" and "buy" after listening to "what's that strange thing you have your iPod plugged in to ...".

If world leaders listened to music together we might all live in a better place.

Again --thanks to one and all.

Jul 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 8
Great community indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For my 1000th post, I wanted to thank Jude, a bunch of specific members (too many to name, but you know who you are), and all Head-Fi'ers out there for creating this wonderful on-line and in-person community -- of which I am proud and honored to be a member.

What an 18-month ride! Life changing. Why? Because listening to great music with superb HPs is relaxing and stimulating at the same time, a most welcome and sanity-saving change from work (especially in this economy).

Without any sense of hyperbole, I do believe that without HPs and this forum I would have turned to alcohol or worse to cope with the stress of each (business) day, or had serious stress-related health issues.

Instead, I smile with nearly unbounded enthusiasm when the second line of a conversation is "you did what??" (the first line is my "I went to a headphone meeting last week" or "I visited a headphone company today", etc. etc.). I retain cell-phone photos of CanJam 08 and 09 to show as these conversations progress. I also have been inventing a number of snappy comebacks to the ever-common "like Bose?".

Life is good. My wife, not a gadget person, LOVES her markl Denon D2000s (Lawton 2000s really), and for her birthday this year I gave her "Orpheus Time" instead of a physical gift and she loved it (OK, along with the promise of handbag shopping trip later -- but even there I win, since on every shopping trip now the Shure 530's tag along, making love to a little i7 in my pocket). Back in 2006 I didn't even know these things existed. Now over a dozen Continental Airlines flight attendants have written down "iQube" and "buy" after listening to "what's that strange thing you have your iPod plugged in to ...".

If world leaders listened to music together we might all live in a better place.

Again --thanks to one and all.

hear hear

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 8
Hear, hear!
biggrin.gif

A great community indeed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back