Thank you Barber (seriously)
Jan 8, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your career with the New York Giants!

I wish you a happy retirement.

x2 - Good man and sportsman. I wish him and his family happiness and health together.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 8
I don't get why he's retiring. As far as I'm concerned, he's in his prime. He played really well tonight, and heck, I'm an Eagles fan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 8
I dont think "prime" factors in, as a running back. I mean, he could be Priest Holmes, come September 2007, hurt himself, and all of a sudden, he is no longer the Tiki, we know.

31 is up there, and he isn't a running back, that has little problems, taking a big beating (some can deal with it better then others)

The one flaw, was announcing it during the season. He gains very little from doing that, simply because he knows he will be hanging them up, but to bring all the spotlight, was kinda pointless. But thats just me.

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #6 of 8
I think one of the main reasons that he wants to retire is because of family. As was said, he takes quite a beating, and he probably wants to be able to play with his children while they grow up, not walk around with a cane or be recovering from a bunch of surgeries.

Jan 8, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 8
considering he has essentially been the giants offense for so many years i'm absolutely amazed he didn't suffer any major injuries. i can't blame him for getting out now while he has his health. he will be sorely missed and i can only hope we can find another running back who can carry a game like he has so many times. i have a hard time seeing jacobs as that guy. who knows - he may blossom in tiki's absence but he's more of a powerback in my eyes.

not to derail this thread but i just hope coughlin is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back