TF10 vs JVC HA-FXT90
Dec 28, 2011 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nehcrow

1000+ Head-Fier
Narrowed my choices in IEM's to these 2 iem's.
Looking for an exciting sound signature as clinical, analytical sound signatures leave me cold.
I listen to virtually every genre: lots of hip hop, rock, acoustic work, electronic music (trance, dnb, ambient w/e), shoegaze
Any help?

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #2 of 4
The JVC FXT90 are more engaging, dynamic and fun to listen with punchy bass response and overall very crisp, clear and detailed in mids, highs. UE TF10Pro offers great bass response but not warm and they sound little on cold side with wide soundstage and good mids, highs.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 4
yes I'd think so, but then there are a ton of others as well?

but as for me and after owning then trading my TF10s for the Sony EX600s, only because I was curious about the RE262s, which have much better clearity, details, smoother and fuller mids, better instrument seperation, which helps add to the larger soundstage, which is what blew me away with the 262s over the TF10s, but its lighter on the bass then the TF10s, so I sold the 262s after trading the TF10s for the EX600s and hearing them! cuz the +'s of the 600s are that they have bass like the TF10, and also tons of clearity, detail, instrument seperation and with a sound stage that is huge and full, a combination of both the TF10s and the262s? the mids aren't as great as the 262s, that's what I'm hoping to get from Sonys MDR7550s? but the 600 has an over all well balanced melting and engaging super sound, the -'s of the 600s is there hot and sibilant treble that was a little to work around and deal with, and get to that sweet spot that I now was in there, and a very awesome one it is! but after listening to them for 6 months it is nnooo longer evan slightly an issue, but I'm sure that with my setup, my iPod 7th gen classics LO> GS Voyager> ZOv1>Ex600s, all adds to the sound signiture that reaches my ears and has me listening for endless hours with no fatigue, so currently the Sony EX600s are the king of my IEM hill! well until I get curious again ggrrr, ugh! lol,

but all your gear source>amp?>headgear, change out any of them with something else and whala, it all contributes and will either add to or subtract from what sound it is that your looking for, I loved my TF10 while I had them but after hearing what the RE262s could do! I never looked back, they lost there luster, just like the 262s lost there luster after I fell in love with the EX600s and out of love with the 262s, and never looked back, hhmmm, go figure, as I am immensely enjoying my rig to date! stumble bum that I am,

I have never heard but I've read that the fxt90s will be great from out of the box! and with alot of all of the plus's that the TF10s, 262s, and 600s have! read the thread and you will be sold, unless you want to work at the 600s sound signiture, and alot have tried and failed/sold, I suggest the fxt90s, which are on my list of IEMs to try! and should be great from the get go, or shortly there after, and one nice thing is that you can get any one of these IEMs for under $150.00, so you can eventually afford to give them all a listen, sooner or later, hopefully sooner of course, it's always nice to hear first hand what everybody else is listening to and posting about! hope some of this helps, if so you owe me .02 lol, but your on the right track, do your homework read all of what anyone has to say about what your interested in, ask ?'s, and take it with a grain of salt, cuz whats one mans nirvana is another mans screeching hell, but this is the right forum to be on, most of all the threads and posters won't steer you wrong, and after all of that, whatever you choose you won't be disapointed with, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back