TF10 Sound, Westone comfort, Etymotic-like isolation. Is this possible?
Mar 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

calipilot227

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there any IEM in existence with the following charactaristics:

Clear, full sound (like the UE Triple.fi 10)
Good comfort (like the Westone 2)
Very good isolation (like the Etymotic ER6i)

Let me know if any such IEM exists

Mar 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 13
have a tf 10 reshelled into a custom
check the fisher audio custom reshell threads
prob about $140-150 after impressions

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 13
Kozee reshell is $90 and they send you an impression kit so you can do the impressions yourself and save $ if you choose to.  You have a choice of acrylic or silicone shells and you can get a replacement cable for an extra $30.

My reshelled TF10 should arrive tomorrow with an acrylic shell and new cable.  I will compare with a stock TF10 in this thread to see how they sound in comparison.

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 13
average_joe will be posting his impressions of his reshelled TF10's, from kozee, soon. If you want isolation, they offer silicone remolds for the same price as acrylic ($90 + shipping; kit includes impression material for two pairs of ears). Although I vaguely remember someone mentioning how the dual bass drivers of the tf10's are vented. if so, silicone may be a bad idea

Edit: speak of the devil!

Mar 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 13
devil_face.gif

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Thanks for the quick reply! I have a pair of TF10s and I've been toying with the idea of reshelling them. Let me know how yours turned out

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
average_joe will be posting his impressions of his reshelled TF10's, from kozee, soon. If you want isolation, they offer silicone remolds for the same price as acrylic ($90 + shipping; kit includes impression material for two pairs of ears). Although I vaguely remember someone mentioning how the dual bass drivers of the tf10's are vented. if so, silicone may be a bad idea

Edit: speak of the devil!

Why would silicone be a bad idea?  I've been thinking about reshelling my TF10's, and the comfort/isolation of silicone seems very appealing.

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 13
Is there an advantage to reshelling in silicone with vented drivers? I was thinking about getting my Livewires reshelled in that but decided for UM instead.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #12 of 13
I'm sure silicone sounds a bit smoother or duller depending on perspective. Venting is useless in silicone unless there's a volume of air outside the vent. It would be possible to use a vented driver in solid silicone without the risk of ruining it if the earpiece is made in 2 parts but there wouldn't be any advantage unless it was simply a better driver, vented or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back