TF10 and foamies still plopping out
Aug 6, 2009 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iriverdude

Banned
I've got TF10 and even with foamies they don't hold into my ear canal, if I'm walking they work themself loose, not enough so they fall out completly but enough for the bass to disappear. I remember using yellow foam ear plugs, and they really hold into the ear securely. With comply foamies they don't expand my ear canal like that but of course not held into place.

Also the comply foamies expand quickly when I roll them, rather than slowly expanding. So I can't get them into my ear quickly enough. If I just sit at a desk when wearing them no problem.

None of the silicon tips fit.

I really don't want to pay for customs
frown.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 5
Aug 6, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 5
I use them too while working out and am surprised they can stay in for an hour actually. You are right....because the bore diameter is large they don't compress much or stay compressed for more than a second it seems.

Try to use the wires more. When I wear my TFPros I tilt them upwards about 30 degrees going into my ear. I also have them slightly aimed backward. Seems like the natural direction of the ear canal. If it wasn't for complys I couldn't wear TFPros.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 5
I use the Shure E2C black softflex tips. I get a good seal every time and they stay in place! I also had problems with the stock tips.

Aug 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 5
I form the wires to pull the tfs into my ears. Once I form the wires I leave them alone. This sounds like it would hurt. but I have had no problem. Also, I wear them reversed.
Sandy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back