Testers Wanted: Fiio X5 Mac iTunes music /playlist sync utility
Jan 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #32 of 43
Hi Jeremy. I've had a lot of difficulty with Dapper since I've downloaded it and haven't been able successfully transfer my iTunes library to the FiiO X5. Dapper says my device is connected when I plug it into the computer but it doesn't give me the option to start syncing. I've also tried plugging in the SD cards individually with a USB adapter but it still doesn't give me the sync option where it should be on the bottom. Any idea on how I could resolve this issue? Thanks so much.

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #34 of 43

Hey Charlie

You do need to select each of the cards to tell Dapper which drives are the DAP and which are not. You need to click the images of the SD cards and select them each... If you have two SD cards in the device, they should both show up in OS X.

An easy fix: I have uploaded a newer version that now also has SD card selection in the startup "wizard". Hop on over and download that one but start 'fresh' by launching it while holding down "Option" and selecting "Yes" when asked if you want to reset settings. It'll clean up and quit and then you can launch it again as per normal.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #36 of 43
Ok I figured out how to reset the app. The only problem I have now is that my second SD card doesn't show up in finder. Also my computer says the device can't be ready but I don't know if that's significant to anything because Dapper recognizes that the drive is connected. Any suggestions for the SD issue? Thanks again for your help.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #37 of 43
Before you go much further you really need those cards showing up in the finder. If necessary, format then in the FIIO - and perhaps make sure you are on the latest firmware of the FIIO too...

If there's something funky with the FIIO mounting on OSX then Dapper may have issues- and you certainly won't be able to use the space on the second card.

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #38 of 43
  Just got my X5.  Really do not know how to use yet.  I did save a few songs to the SD card on my PC from Sound Forge.  Then I plugged the SD card into the X5 to test listen.  Sounds great but no idea how to file or name yet.  

My wife has the Apple Nano and I love her music even though in MP3.  I'd love to copy her MP3 music to my X5.  Can I do ?

If your wife's music is on a Mac, yes. Dapper is free to try on our site - www.map-pin.com

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #39 of 43

Hi Jeremy
I used the link you provided to download the trial version.
I'm on OSX version 10.8.5, and unable to launch - the trial is version 2.17 and when launched request OSX version 10.9 to function.
FYI - just in case you missed some flags when you compiled the last drop :wink:
Thanks for considering enabling back 10.8 compatibility.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #40 of 43
There is some stuff apple requires and I have taken a run at this twice with no luck. To be honest I'm not sure why it won't load up- but I expect it's that I am using new UI designer capabilities.

I will try again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back