Terrible Prom Idea?
Apr 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 42
Man I am so paranoid of April Fools already. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with it. Oh well.

Ah, that was cute (and very geeky, I use Paint to draw up my check yes or no love letters). Word of warning, she might tire before she gets to the end of it and not understand at all what it means. What was the => about anyway?

Apr 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 42
Seriously, it is cute and as a girl... I would like it.

It means that you cared anough to put something together to ask her out and it says that much more if you show it to her in person.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #6 of 42
Sack up, Skyline. I'm for asking her in person.

BUT! I dig your video. I'd put it on an iPod, hand it to her, and press play. Reaction should be priceless.

Is she hot? That's a bit too much work there for a "friend". Me thinks you're fibbing. Wink wink Nudge nudge.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 42
I think it's a cute vid, but you should really ask her in person (the phone is fine too). People get turned down more when asking someone on a date via email/IM/text/web... it's just easier to say no to some electronic correspondence versus direct communication.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd put it on an iPod, hand it to her, and press play. Reaction should be priceless.

Skyline, I thought about this a little more, and I've come to the conclusion that my idea is fantastic.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 42
This thread is useless without pics of your targeted prom invitation recipient.
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #10 of 42
Its way too slow IMO. She can totally lose interest midway, you can just 2x the thing and it might work. especially the actual asking part, with => and ... and Prom? in seperate frames, it can be confusing.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 42
Last year, I baked my prom date a cookie cake that was in teh shape of a heart and on it it said "Will you be my date to prom". Of course we were already dating so she kinda had to say yes but that is what I did. One of my friends last year went with this girl who loved to play tennis. So he put in the tennis fence all tehse tennis balls that spelt out prom? for her. But you should really ask her out in person. You can use the video just be there to see her reaction.

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #12 of 42
Asking girls to dances was always good fun. My friends and I once jumped in the bed of a Dodge Ram and pulled up in a girls driveway rang the doorbell and when she answered we sang a song asking her to prom. Another time we made a snowman to hold a sign asking a girl, we even collaborated with a teacher who wrote a quiz just for a girl which had an extra question asking the girl. IMHO its worth it to do something clever and thoughtful, after all what girl (or guy) doesn't want to feel special.

I definitely give you video two thumbs up, though you may want to speed it up.

And samgotit's idea really is brilliant

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #13 of 42
+1 for asking in person.. Sure, it's harder, but it takes balls. And women love that.

Or if you want to think of this way, it's a lot easier for you to ask on the internet, but it's also a lot easier for her to say no on the internet.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is useless without pics of your targeted prom invitation recipient.
wink.gif

lol what's that suppose to mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back