Ten Thousand Fists problem?
Apr 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Maverickmonk

500+ Head-Fier
This is just because I want to know if this is a problem with the album itself or a problem with my iTunes. When I ripped Ten Thousand Fists by Disturbed to my laptop, and then put it on my iPod classic, the song "Land of Confusion" is literally a solid 33%-50% louder than the rest of the album. When my ipod switched to the song while I was listening to my grados, I think I rattled a few neurons lose. I know I can adjust for volume in iTunes to compensate, but I feel I'd lose some fidelity there. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a computer error or were the mixers/masterers just smoking crack when they did that particular song?

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think it was the album itself because my rip doesn't act that way and I haven't adjusted anything. It must have been something weird WHILE it was ripping.

I just checked my files and they ripped at the same volume. Gotta be a problem on your computer's end.

Also, how do you like the Grados for Disturbed? They're a favorite of mine for more modern rock and I've been considering some Grados for my rock stuff.

Quote:
This is just because I want to know if this is a problem with the album itself or a problem with my iTunes. When I ripped Ten Thousand Fists by Disturbed to my laptop, and then put it on my iPod classic, the song "Land of Confusion" is literally a solid 33%-50% louder than the rest of the album. When my ipod switched to the song while I was listening to my grados, I think I rattled a few neurons lose. I know I can adjust for volume in iTunes to compensate, but I feel I'd lose some fidelity there. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a computer error or were the mixers/masterers just smoking crack when they did that particular song?

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Alright, I seem to have found the problem. The problem was iTunes (suprise suprise). It decided to rip just that song at +100% volume, I have absolutely no clue why.

I ove the Grado's for Disturbed! Of all the genres I listen to, modern rock seems to benifit the most from the "In your face" style of sound they produce, and with the 4 hole punch mod, even the bass drum reaches out and smacks you in the face too.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #4 of 4
I've been meaning to nab a pair.

And yeah, for general listening I use Foobar 2k. It's much, much nicer. iTunes has a garbage EQ, which is the main reason I went to Foobar. I only used iTunes to sync, and now I'm completely off it.

Quote:
Alright, I seem to have found the problem. The problem was iTunes (suprise suprise). It decided to rip just that song at +100% volume, I have absolutely no clue why.

I ove the Grado's for Disturbed! Of all the genres I listen to, modern rock seems to benifit the most from the "In your face" style of sound they produce, and with the 4 hole punch mod, even the bass drum reaches out and smacks you in the face too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back