Tempotec V3 DAP - small, powerful, functional with Hiby OS
Feb 1, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #451 of 655
Hey guys, another question: I can't update my firmware. I've been stuck on 0.3 all the time and OTA update fails everytime. Also, I can't update via SD Card because I'm unable to find the file online. Any suggestions? TIA!

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #453 of 655
Hey guys, another question: I can't update my firmware. I've been stuck on 0.3 all the time and OTA update fails everytime. Also, I can't update via SD Card because I'm unable to find the file online. Any suggestions? TIA!
i'm at 0.4 but when i check for update it fails every time dosn't say you are on latest update or no new updates just update check failed so they definitely have issues with their servers

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #455 of 655
i'm at 0.4 but when i check for update it fails every time dosn't say you are on latest update or no new updates just update check failed so they definitely have issues with their servers
Tempotec hasn't announced that there is an update. The official version is 0.4. May people with "older" versions have to communicate trough
AliExpress with Tempotec for instructions.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #456 of 655
Tempotec hasn't announced that there is an update. The official version is 0.4. May people with "older" versions have to communicate trough
AliExpress with Tempotec for instructions.
My unit came with factory version 0.4

I have comunicated Tempotec via Aliexpress and they told me that they are working on all bugs and errors and will be releasing new proper update soon. This was three weeks ago. Somehow I have a feeling that it will not be soon... 😕 Very poor aftersales customers support or even no support at all 👎

Feb 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #457 of 655

I have comunicated Tempotec via Aliexpress and they told me that they are working on all bugs and errors and will be releasing new proper update soon. This was three weeks ago. Somehow I have a feeling that it will not be soon... 😕 Very poor aftersales customers support or even no support at all 👎
I mean the operating system is made by Hiby. I'm sure Tempotec is waiting on Hiby to deliver updates to them. For the R3II, I believe they've only ever had 1 update so far and that has been out some months longer than the V3.

Feb 1, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #458 of 655

The V3 has only been month and a half or less on the market. Is still very soon for releasing an update. Just hope they talk seriously about fixing all. In my use, I've only experimented that it got freeze once, doesn't read covers files or mix them and sometimes the unlock button acts strange.
The OS is made by Hiby, so I think they depend internally of other support team.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #462 of 655
Hello, I cannot play from Qobuz, I get the following problem

how can it be solved?
IMG_6456.jpeg

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #463 of 655
4. USB DAC mode work with Mobile phone.
How to set it on V3, turn on the following settings:
System->USB working mode->Device
System->USB device mode->Audio
System->USB current limited->ON

I'm not understanding this. Isn't this function already working properly (before this update)? I did try it myself with my phone (Hiby Music + USB exclusive mode turned on) a few weeks ago and it was straightforward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back