Teejaay custom wood cups
Aug 10, 2011 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

joelpearce

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had so many great experiences on the board since I arrived that I really hate starting a thread like this.  About three months ago, I offered to buy a pair of Teejaay's quilted maple cups for my T50RP, as the pictures in the Thunderpants thread are pretty awesome.

Since then, I've received a whole bunch of excuses, but not much else.  A week ago, I asked for a refund instead, but that has also not materialized.

I'm not just posting this because I want to trash Teejaay, who seems like a nice guy.  The thing is, I'm aware of at least two other people in the same boat, and if there are a lot more than that, I think it needs to be brought into the light.

If there are enough, perhaps this could function a bit like the Bilavideo thread.

As a bit more of a detailed timeline, this is how it all played out:

May 8: I offered to buy them
May 9: I sent the money
May 12: I sent additional money for some upgrades to baffle
May 14: Teejaay said they would ship out soon
June: Canada Post Strike, I figured they were delayed
July 7: Teejaay realizes that he forgot to ship them out
July 17: Teejaay hasn't had time to ship them out
July 18: Teejaay sends a picture of them
July 28: Message from Teejaay promising to ship on Monday
Aug 2: After they have not shipped again, Teejaay agrees to a refund
Aug 3: PM asking me to remind him if he forgets to send the refund
Aug 7: I send the reminder
Aug 8: Teejaay is $5 short and can't send the money

Aug 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 16
There's something wrong with this guy. Lets hope you can solve this issue soon...
Good luck! 

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 16
my story is similar.
paid april 28th
won't bore you with details, but suffice to say everything was finally finished yesterday (supposedly) and was due to ship with tracking #.
still no word today...

i'd still like to believe that he will come through, although i speculate that he has bitten off more than he can chew...

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 16
Thankfully, Teejaay did follow through--I received my money back today.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 16
Mine were "finished" multiple times and "shipping tomorrow."  I had made two purchases, one for O2 pads and one for the cups.  He refunded me for the O2 pads so I really only overpaid for my pads by $25.  If he has any honor he'll refund that, or at least ship me the finished parts he has promised at which point I would happily pay him the balance due.  Believe it or not he had the gall to say he hadn't shipped all my parts because he wanted to hold a few back because he didn't trust ME to pay.  Mind you, I had prepaid, and he refunded when he missed his promises.  Draw your own conclusions.

History: aafter about a dozen promises to "ship tomorrow" or "ship Tuesday," I demanded a refund.  His excuse was always that there was a problem like "they had lint in them" or "bubbles in the finish" or "I broke them" or "my dog ate them."

They arrived 2+ months late after they were promised.  One cup had two pinholes in it where he'd over-drilled.  The finish was very nice outside, but the screw holes for the baffle were a mess, one baffle was cracked and the other didn't line up to either cup and the plastic he'd used was shard, had hairline cracks and was certain to not work.

The bottom line is he is learning to work wood, he really has ZERO business trying to sell these because to my knowledge he's never actually finished a pair that is usable.  I don't know if he's simply a liar, or he really meant to deliver but couldn't.  The outcome is the same, broken promises, people out $, and he's not communicating with me any more.

It's a shame, he seemed nice and honest, but I think he's young, made promises he couldn't keep, doesn't have the money to pay back the people he bilked, and instead of being honest, he is just going radio-silent.  Under no circumstance should anyone EVER buy anything from him.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 23, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 16
same here ... no more communications & out $125.
lesson learned ...

<OT:  going to rmaf mrspeakers?>

Quote:

The bottom line is he is learning to work wood, he really has ZERO business trying to sell these because to my knowledge he's never actually finished a pair that is usable.  I don't know if he's simply a liar, or he really meant to deliver but couldn't.  The outcome is the same, broken promises, people out $, and he's not communicating with me any more.

It's a shame, he seemed nice and honest, but I think he's young, made promises he couldn't keep, doesn't have the money to pay back the people he bilked, and instead of being honest, he is just going radio-silent.  Under no circumstance should anyone EVER buy anything from him.

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 16
dam, sorry to hear all this after i had such a pleasant experience with the guy. I think the day he posted the first quilted cup in the TP thread i pm'd him asking where he got the quilt cuz i wanted some like that for my next cups. He responded saying i'll send you a chunk and some dye for ~$30, a week later i recieved the chunk of quilt and two dyes, plus some extra screw pieces he said to try for putting together the cups. Altogether a pleasant experience. The volume must have gotten to him haha. Whatever the case, the quilt he has access to is very nice as you can see how nice the quilt pops on my freshly turned pair in the TP thread. I wish ya'll the best of luck!

M

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #12 of 16
Moderators need to find a way to track people that get banned. He was once known as momomo6789. I was going to buy a set from him awhile ago but Marty was the safer and better option.

I only mention this because I sold him my hf2s a long time ago and asked if he were going to get rid of them to let me know and I would buy them back. He sold them to someone shortly after and it wasnt me.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
Moderators need to find a way to track people that get banned. He was once known as momomo6789. I was going to buy a set from him awhile ago but Marty was the safer and better option.

I only mention this because I sold him my hf2s a long time ago and asked if he were going to get rid of them to let me know and I would buy them back. He sold them to someone shortly after and it wasnt me.

They do, they can use you IP and other methods to track you down.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #15 of 16
lol i remember momomo. bummer things like this have to happen. if you get banned from the forums you should really be... banned.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back