Technics EAH-AZ80 True Wireless Earbuds
Dec 30, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #196 of 287
Am I doing the right thing sending these back for replacement because I bet the replacements wont be any difference,, plus I see there's pics of high EQ settings in the thread gallery, making me think theres nothing wrong with my az80's.??
We all have different ears, but almost every custom EQ that I’ve seen for the AZ80 (and my personal experience has been no different) has the low-end freq’s almost completely (if not completely) taken out.

If I set my EQ as high in the low end as you have yours, the sound is completely saturated with bass and terrible sounding.

Comparing both pairs of the AZ80’s that I have to the Bose QC Ultra, Apple AirPod Pro 2, Sony XM5, Jabra Elite 10, and Beats Studio Pro+; the AZ80 has as much (if not more) bass than any of the others with the EQ on the 80’s set to zero. Right out of the box they are much more bass forward than the others.

I can’t tell you if another set will be any different, but it’s worth trying. It seems like there should be a change considering yours is the only circumstance that I’ve heard of where the AZ80 doesn’t have enough low end.

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #197 of 287
Well Ive slept on it and Im going to still send them back for new ones and then even if there not any different at least I know there not faulty.

Plus Im not 100% sure but the seal on the box may of been broken because I didnt break a seal when opening the box, but I wasn't wearing my glasses and couldn't see the seal. So either the seal was very weak and it ripped when opening the box, or seal was already broken.

In this review he says that there not as bassy as the sony's

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #202 of 287
The bass frequency you get from the Super Bass+ preset is not possible using the manual EQ. I then had to use Wavelet to balance out some of the highs and mids.
I might try that app to see if I can separate the sound up a bit more because something's I play, the instruments blend in too much for my liking more so then the sony xm4s .. But to be honest I been messing about with the bass and not the overall sound since having the technics

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #203 of 287
So Ive been reading reviews and quite a few say that the bass isnt as good as the xm5's and the bass on the xm5 isnt as strong as on the xm4s that I have. Plus theres no bass slider like on the sony's, so I really dont think theres anything wrong with my buds with what @Jhericurls has said and from reviews, so Im going to cancel the refund... So @nine3two your buds should not be more bassier then the xm5's and I dont know why yours are so much more bassier?.. But saying that, the technics should be bassier than any of the sony's with having the 10mm drivers.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #204 of 287
Good morning guys, I would like to express my opinion on the sound quality of these Technics az80s. For me they have the most natural and spacious sound of all the earbuds I have ever tried (Bose Earbuds Quietconfort II, Sony Xm5, Astell & Kern UW100, etc.). The bass is not as pronounced and bulky as on Bose and Sony, but for me it is definitely more pleasant. I don't feel the need to make any EQ changes as the Direct preset is the best and most natural for me. They adapt to every musical genre, from classical to rock. This opinion of mine is supported by specialized sites on the internet, such as https://www.techradar.com/audio/ear...m5-vs-technics-eah-az80-which-earbuds-should- you choose. I finally found the perfect earphones.

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #206 of 287
So Ive been reading reviews and quite a few say that the bass isnt as good as the xm5's and the bass on the xm5 isnt as strong as on the xm4s that I have. Plus theres no bass slider like on the sony's, so I really dont think theres anything wrong with my buds with what @Jhericurls has said and from reviews, so Im going to cancel the refund... So @nine3two your buds should not be more bassier then the xm5's and I dont know why yours are so much more bassier?.. But saying that, the technics should be bassier than any of the sony's with having the 10mm drivers.
There is a different range of bass, the AZ80 has more mid-range bass but lacks sub-bass (subwoofer bass) the bass you feel more than you hear. Using the Super Bass + preset brings back some of the subwoofer bass that the other presets lack.

But very much depends on the music you listen to and you might not require/need sub-bass. The main thing is if you enjoy the sound, if you do then don't overthink it.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #207 of 287
There is a different range of bass, the AZ80 has more mid-range bass but lacks sub-bass (subwoofer bass) the bass you feel more than you hear. Using the Super Bass + preset brings back some of the subwoofer bass that the other presets lack.

But very much depends on the music you listen to and you might not require/need sub-bass. The main thing is if you enjoy the sound, if you do then don't overthink it.
Well now Im not so focused on the bass and wondering if I have faulty buds, they do sound really nice and I have now got them sounding overall as good as my sony xm4's, so Im really happy. Plus for me there sooo much better then the sonys because there 100x easier to get out of the case and these are the first ever buds Ive had that stays put in my ears.....I have a odd way of tweaking the sound as I focus on getting the vocals crisp and clear first and then everything else kind of falls into place.

Im still a tad amazed with these having 10mm drivers there not bassier then the sonys, but thats do to the limitations of the app not the buds, as I think the buds are more than capable of being bassier.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #208 of 287
Anyone know how to stop volume leveling (reseting) after reconnecting, it's annoying that every time I reconnect AZ80 i must volume up couple times via left earphone.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #210 of 287
I have this disabled and that's why I have issue but i must have it disable for my Focal Bathys, bummer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back