Technics EAH-AZ60: a hidden gem
Jul 23, 2022 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

unifutomaki

1000+ Head-Fier
ast-1429643.jpg.pub.crop.pc.thumb.640.1200.jpg

Hi everyone! I couldn't find a thread for these so I decided to make one of my own :)

The Technics AZ60 was launched at the end of 2021 and is positioned as Technics' flagship TWS product. Pricing tends to be on par with its high-end competitors - think the likes of the Sony WF-1000XM4 and Sennheiser Momentum 3 - but I think it more than earns its asking price based on sound quality and feature set.

Notable features:
  • Active noise cancellation with ambient mode
  • Codec support: SBC, AAC, LDAC
  • Bluetooth multi-point up to 10 devices (e.g. it can maintain an active connection to both your phone and tablet at the same time)
  • Compact charging case and lightweight fit
  • 7 pairs of included eartips
  • Non-infuriating touch controls (customisable in app)
  • Table stakes: IPX4 water resistance, 4 MEMS microphones per side
1658587293814.png

Sound impressions
  • W-shaped sound signature
  • Punchy low-end with a slight mid-bass emphasis; discernable slam
  • Excellent clarity and detail, especially in the mids
  • Treble energy surpasses what the XM4 can provide but doesn't come across as overly bright or harsh
  • Wide soundstage (especially for a pair of TWS IEMs)
Usability impressions
  • Multipoint works as advertised and is very stable. The switch between audio sources is pretty much seamless.
  • I haven't noticed any signal drop-outs.
  • Battery life is excellent, and easily meets the estimates provided by Technics (7 hours on AAC with ANC on)
  • Very comfortable. My ears do not feel at all sore even after wearing them for hours.
Overall, I think the Technics AZ60 are extremely underrated and deserve much more attention, especially if you are in the market for an audiophile-quality set of TWS IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back