tech help! can't add printer in vista home premium
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

panda

1000+ Head-Fier
i don't know any tech support sites and was wondering where would be the best place to look for answers to my problem?

when i try to add a printer, i get the error message:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

this is on a brand new laptop, i have no clue what the hell is wrong???

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't know any tech support sites and was wondering where would be the best place to look for answers to my problem?

when i try to add a printer, i get the error message:
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

this is on a brand new laptop, i have no clue what the hell is wrong???

Are you logged in as an administrator? Vista is a real PITA about that stuff. You may not have privileges to install a printer. (The message about contacting a system administrator is a clue, I think)

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 12
Vista sux big time, get windows Mojave.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #8 of 12
Sounds to me like you don't have full admin privelages. Can you reinstall Vista? Hopefully you don't have too much installed. If this is a brand new laptop take it back and have thier techs look at it.

Sep 6, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #10 of 12
how do i gain full admin access? it's the only user account on the system so this doesn't make any sense...

everything runs fine save for the print issue so i'd rather not reinstall if there is possible fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back