TCG-fi
Mar 4, 2013 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6
Anyone here into trading card games, like Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, or pokemon?

I am an avid yu-gi-oh duelist and I just recently got into playing magic both games are really different but are quite fun. Anyone want to discuss decks or for the Yugioh players we can even duel on duelingnetwork.com

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 6
lol, 

I used to play a lot of TCGs. I think it started off with Magic when I was a kid. But it just got to the point of new sets coming out too quickly and my wallet couldn't keep up lol 

Now a days I just play TCG on consoles. All the thrill of opening a new pack without having to spend money :wink: 

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #3 of 6
Ah man, playing Yu-Gi-Oh in school was good times. I was the best in my school, I'd even get people coming up to me who were friends of friends wanting to challenge me, I guess because they heard I was good. Still have my deck somewhere around here. Wonder if the cards are worth anything now...

Now that I think about it, it's been like... 10 years since I played.

One thing I remember always having trouble with, was when I played people, they'd confuse the rules in the show with the actual rules, so they'd think I'm trying to pull a fast one on them when they misunderstood what a card did, and I explained why they're wrong.

Mar 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 6
Ah man, playing Yu-Gi-Oh in school was good times. I was the best in my school, I'd even get people coming up to me who were friends of friends wanting to challenge me, I guess because they heard I was good. Still have my deck somewhere around here. Wonder if the cards are worth anything now...

Now that I think about it, it's been like... 10 years since I played.

One thing I remember always having trouble with, was when I played people, they'd confuse the rules in the show with the actual rules, so they'd think I'm trying to pull a fast one on them when they misunderstood what a card did, and I explained why they're wrong.

Yeah the show was way off from what the actual rules were. I remember having to try to explain the game to my cousin, I ended up giving up on that venture. People try to make Yu-Gi-Oh out to be a super hard game to play but its not.

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #5 of 6
I still draft Magic: the Gathering with friends every now and then, but I haven't taken the game seriously since college.  However, my collection of cards are still collecting dust, when I really should sell it since it's worth a decent amount.  

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 6
Do the prices actually go up Daigo? I remember that the most popular cards would just get rotated out after the new set comes out. For example, Nantuko Shade (from the torment set) was suuuuper popular when it was type 2. Now its worth like a buck I think lol 

sigh, all of my cards are just collecting dust too. Now that I'm older I wish I could have transferred all the money I spent on TCG into photography equipment or more headphone gear lol 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back