TBAAM vs. Audigy 2 ZS for music?
Oct 17, 2006 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

epithetless

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi folks. My custom-built desktop PC came equipped with an Audigy 2 ZS soundcard. For months now, I've been plugging my headphones into the headphone out of my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers, mainly for the convenience of not having to reach around my PC console every time I want to plug them in or out. I know the general rule is to avoid PC speaker headphone-outs...which leads me to wonder if the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro might do a better job for headphone listening. Would any of you consider it worth the purchase, or should I really be going to the trouble of crawling under my desk every time I want to do some private listening? Can anyone give me a comparison between the TBAAM and the Audigy 2 ZS's headphone out? I have no external headphone amp, so that's not a factor here.

Oct 18, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 5
A lot of people dont notice a difference between plugging directly in or thru the speaker. Also I suggest you get the KX Drivers for your Audigy series card. The front audio uses the AC97 DAC with these drivers you can change that to the Audigy DAC's for front channel.

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/89005-...ster-live.html

pink

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't know much about the TBAAM, but the Audigy 2 ZS is my benchmark for how bad a soundcard can sound when it comes to music.

Oct 19, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrith
I don't know much about the TBAAM, but the Audigy 2 ZS is my benchmark for how bad a soundcard can sound when it comes to music.

And the benchmark for how good a soundcard can sound? In the same pricerange of course..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back