Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #1,996 of 2,420
Punishing your enemies with blazing slayers War Ensemble. "Conan! What is best in life!"
rrN9wxR.gif

Perfect! The Conan reference! :heart_eyes:

Speaking of Slayer, I was listening to a bunch of speed metal yesterday with the X and was totally floored!

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #1,998 of 2,420
I'm burning in on the EF400 and you're absolutely right...looking forward to listening to it on P6Pro!
YISSSS! I'm so glad somebody else gets to hear this, what a treat!

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #1,999 of 2,420
I dont have too many IEMs that can do speed metal, then classical and Hip hop with aplomb. Is what I am saying.
That's what I love about this IEM. It can do everything, not just half assed, not just jack of all trades, it's going for the gusto!

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #2,001 of 2,420
Phew, by far the biggest ChiFi purchase I’ve made, and going in blind as well. A bit anxious about this one but hopefully I’ll be able to sell it on if for some reason it doesn’t work for me. Now to wait what will likely feel like AGES for them to finish CNY and ship it out.
I hope you enjoy it. There is a steep incline of break in and 🥺😂 you may have get a cable for it at some time. In the unlikely event it displeases you after burn in, you will have a queue for them.
What do you who have the TM X already, think of the cable?5

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #2,002 of 2,420
trying not to buy new toys, but its also my birthday next week... hm... anyone own/hear a szalayi and can give a word on whether the X would a be a redundant purchase

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #2,003 of 2,420
I hope you enjoy it. There is a steep incline of break in and 🥺😂 you may have get a cable for it at some time. In the unlikely event it displeases you after burn in, you will have a queue for them.
I was honestly fine with the stock cable and even the pre-installed tip. Any fine tuning after that was all taken care of by source and bass switch selection. I did change out to one of those XINHS 5 element cables and gave my Quattro the stock X cable. The stock X cable is a nice looking cable, would have been a shame to mothball it. Whether or not there are improvements to be had by cable swap, it doesn't matter to me, the X is already ludicrously good as is.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #2,004 of 2,420

I have a NickHCK Purple Se and an XINHS 8 Core 5N Single Crystal Copper Plated cable so hopefully one of those will do the job. The XINHS is particularly nice in feel.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #2,006 of 2,420
I skipped the stock cable entirely this time and just put the EA Cadmus 8w for the time being. Will experiment after it's burned in. @Dsnuts what are you using?

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #2,007 of 2,420
trying not to buy new toys, but its also my birthday next week... hm... anyone own/hear a szalayi and can give a word on whether the X would a be a redundant purchase
My brief, practical, modest, & humble take...

- Sza feels warm, brooding, and luxurious in her replay.
-- Bass & mids are wonderful, treble extends without eardrum execution. Treb is restrained in best possible manner.
--- Scales extremely well too.

- X overall hi-mid-low tuning is extraordinary, entire replay ootb is tremendous (0-2-0/d-u-d mode). This TSMR model should scale very well with their new & improved house sound. Can't say that about previous models (except Halo maybe?).
* X's ace(s) in the hole: the switches.
-- Change mood, change switches; Sza can't do that. BTW the switches actually work well... very well
--- Whether msrp or discount, X is cheaper. Hell... X is even cheaper than some 2nd-hand Sza's (but you might get lucky if you find a stupid great deal)

So it it redundant? It is not.

** I really like my Sza, but I flippin ♥️ X. Choosing between the two, I'm Team TSMR-X (like u couldn't tell 😎).

Seriously... X is special & unforgettable in the best way possible.

Hope this helps...
✌️

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #2,008 of 2,420
I skipped the stock cable entirely this time and just put the EA Cadmus 8w for the time being. Will experiment after it's burned in. @Dsnuts what are you using?
Several I really like on the TSMR-X. ISN G4 is great match up with the TSMR-X. Enhances everything about the X. Love the Penon ASOS on it as well. Brings, enhanced stage body and also will not hamper any aspect of the TSMR-X that is great. Recently tried the OSG on it as well and love that pairing for better precision. It is like the upgrade on the stock cable but more refined. Have yet to try the Fusion 1. Will have to try that soon. Loved the Camus X AresS on it.

TSMR-X does extremely well with a variety of cables as the sound can be so variable. My best advice for cable pairing is. Try what you got on hand and even though we post about cable pairings. The included stock cable is fine, better than fine is a much more transparent cable that most included IEM cables, but better cables will tune the TSMR-X to your liking.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #2,010 of 2,420
My brief, practical, modest, & humble take...

- Sza feels warm, brooding, and luxurious in her replay.
-- Bass & mids are wonderful, treble extends without eardrum execution. Treb is restrained in best possible manner.
--- Scales extremely well too.

- X overall hi-mid-low tuning is extraordinary, entire replay ootb is tremendous (0-2-0/d-u-d mode). This TSMR model should scale very well with their new & improved house sound. Can't say that about previous models (except Halo maybe?).
* X's ace(s) in the hole: the switches.
-- Change mood, change switches; Sza can't do that. BTW the switches actually work well... very well
--- Whether msrp or discount, X is cheaper. Hell... X is even cheaper than some 2nd-hand Sza's (but you might get lucky if you find a stupid great deal)

So it it redundant? It is not.

** I really like my Sza, but I flippin ♥️ X. Choosing between the two, I'm Team TSMR-X (like u couldn't tell 😎).

Seriously... X is special & unforgettable in the best way possible.

Hope this helps...
✌️
unable to tell if it helps or hurts right now LOL but i appreciate the write up... may treat myself we shall see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back