Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #1,816 of 2,420
land could be quite hot on cymbals, could you please share me cables / eartips that reduce splashy cymbals ?
I will do some tests and repost back in this thread.

Jul 26, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #1,817 of 2,420
land could be quite hot on cymbals, could you please share me cables / eartips that reduce splashy cymbals ?
I went again and tried the PAC480 and it did work another to try would be the HanSound Zen or ZENTOO. Those two are a OCC pure copper cable. I also tried the Penon SPACE that is typically not to changing of the IEM, except adds stage, and has a silver and copper construction. Probably the biggest influence was a change to Sony EP-EX11 Hybrid Tips. Now don't get these confused with Sony Dual Density ear-tips. Those Dual Density ear-tips will not even stay on the Land.

The EP-EX11 also comes as many counterfeits so you have to be careful when ordering. I got my originals from the XBA-Z5 and XBA-N3. You can also order them right from Japan. These have been my stand-by for increasing bass and reducing treble for years.

These look real?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362794917620

The tips also come with the XBA-100 IEM.

ZENTOO Cable:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/han-sound-audio-zentoo.23993/reviews#review-22783

Also these blue centered tips by DUNU really work, as the smallest exit nozzle port I have? The black and blue ones. They came with the SA6.
beach_by-pass.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #1,818 of 2,420
I bought the Mirai RGB from local community. I am enjoying a micro details and a treble dynamics. But, it was hard to match up the custom cables. Eventually, I landed to the Wagnus Holy Sheep. It has a truely balanced tone and extended sound stage.

20230902_162409~2.jpg

20230920_012447.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #1,820 of 2,420
halo2.jpg

halo1.jpg

Received the Canadian Tour unit and listening to it right now.

Pretty effortless bass delivery, exhibiting a natural quality & quantity with subtle BA bass characteristics.
Mids are nicely projected forward, showcasing good detail retrieval and accurate vocal reproduction.
Treble is well extended, smooth and refined.

A well-balanced tuning that's hard to criticize, reminiscent of the Traillii in my view.

Very busy with work right now, but I will try to do some comparisons next week before sending it off to the next participant.

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #1,821 of 2,420
For many the TSMR Sands has been a break-through product. Simply offering more detail than most at its price point. The utilization and application of the 2 Sonion BAs has been a style of perfection for many.

The Tansio Mirai (TSMR) Sands

1 dynamic driver + 3 balanced armature
10mm custom dynamic driver for low frequency
2 Sonion balanced armature for middle frequency
1 Knowles balanced armature for high frequency
3-way crossover, 3-channel design
Impedance: 17Ω@1kHz
Input sensitivity: 107dBL/mW
Passive Noise reduction: 26dB
Frequency response range: 5-20000Hz

But what if.................what if I told you there was a place you could go that would make the Sands simply better than ever? It is true, and this avenue for success has been due to the new Penon RENATA cable. Now this RENATA doesn't actually work well with every IEM, as it (colors) alters the sound slightly. But the magic it performs with the Sands is a wider soundstage, a smoother top-end than I have ever heard the Sands accomplish. Take the very best cable you have heard so far with the Sands and double the effect, and that's what the RENATA gives you. It's just that the RENATA and Sands sound totally natural together, almost like they were made for one another? Just the way the bass is enhanced and brought forward is reason enough to get excited!

The soon to be released Penon RENATA.
DSC_0441.jpegqqqqqqf.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #1,822 of 2,420
IMG20231214133600.jpg

IMG20231214133545.jpg

Tansio Mirai is a brand that has a specific market on which it focuses.
It's got a particular sound profile, where mids and highs are always the ones given the limelight.

Ultimately this means not all will appreciate it's highly clinical presentation, but there is no denying, even by the non believers that they are technically very proficient.

I have previously reviewed a few Tansio Mirai units, the Sands being the one I liked the most although it wasn't the most expensive.
It was/is a highly detailed 1+3 hybrid that perhaps was misunderstood in its intentions and so went a little unrecognised.
When matched to the right source and using the tip that best sinergizes with the Sands sound profile , it’s quite the experience, giving us a highly detailed sound , filled with all the detail you might ever need.

I also reviewed earlier this year the RGB, a 9BA + 8EST monster, that in all honesty left me a little underwhelmed.
It was good, but truthfully the RGB wasn't giving me that "immersive" engagement of a mega buck set, especially when the PENON Volt at 1/4 of the price, was placing the bar so high up in terms of sound, and in my humble opinion it overshadowed the RGB.

All of this foreplay to finally tell you all about the Halo.....Tansio Mirai latest hybrid , a 8 BA + 4EST gem , that surely was tuned by the Gods of Olympus!
Ok ok so I am exaggerating......no I am not, the Halo is simply one of the best IEMs I have heard to date, and although I might have not heard all the Mega Buck Big boys, i have heard enough TOTL sets to be confident In my above statement.

From the first time I listened to the Halo , a few things are immediately obvious:
It's effortless in the way that it plays music, everything coming across in a smooth manner , bass delivery from the dual SONION 38D1x's is sublime, both quality and quantity being among the best I have ever heard.

Mids are handled by 4 Knowles drivers, not sure about the model , but that is irrelevant, they have the perfect balance of forwardness and lushness of vocal playback , with the detail retrieval capability that never shows the negatives of BA tonality.

As for the Treble it's extended, mature and highly refined, once again matching the remainder of the frequency response in a velvety smooth presentation.

I should mention that I did most of the first impressions with my Frankenstein DAC / Amp combo....Topping NX 7 + Colorfly M1P and also the Fiio Q15.
The sinergy in either one was flawless but the Q15 is for me end game level, simply incredible how it extracts the very best from IEMs.

To conclude my first impressions, the Halo has traits of the Volt and 10th Anniversary.
It gets the smoothness and musicality of the Volt with the fun engaging excitement of the 10th Anniversary.

It's one of the very few times I can say that it's price tag is "justified", at 1999usd it's something few will afford, but if you are at least blessed with the opportunity to hear it, please do, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #1,823 of 2,420
Totally agree Tansio Mirai IEMs have among the best tuning regardless of tech inside that you can find.
I still listen to Volt regularly, despite owning some kilobucks IEMs :wink:

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #1,824 of 2,420
IMG20231214133600.jpg

IMG20231214133545.jpg

Tansio Mirai is a brand that has a specific market on which it focuses.
It's got a particular sound profile, where mids and highs are always the ones given the limelight.

Ultimately this means not all will appreciate it's highly clinical presentation, but there is no denying, even by the non believers that they are technically very proficient.

I have previously reviewed a few Tansio Mirai units, the Sands being the one I liked the most although it wasn't the most expensive.
It was/is a highly detailed 1+3 hybrid that perhaps was misunderstood in its intentions and so went a little unrecognised.
When matched to the right source and using the tip that best sinergizes with the Sands sound profile , it’s quite the experience, giving us a highly detailed sound , filled with all the detail you might ever need.

I also reviewed earlier this year the RGB, a 9BA + 8EST monster, that in all honesty left me a little underwhelmed.
It was good, but truthfully the RGB wasn't giving me that "immersive" engagement of a mega buck set, especially when the PENON Volt at 1/4 of the price, was placing the bar so high up in terms of sound, and in my humble opinion it overshadowed the RGB.

All of this foreplay to finally tell you all about the Halo.....Tansio Mirai latest hybrid , a 8 BA + 4EST gem , that surely was tuned by the Gods of Olympus!
Ok ok so I am exaggerating......no I am not, the Halo is simply one of the best IEMs I have heard to date, and although I might have not heard all the Mega Buck Big boys, i have heard enough TOTL sets to be confident In my above statement.

From the first time I listened to the Halo , a few things are immediately obvious:
It's effortless in the way that it plays music, everything coming across in a smooth manner , bass delivery from the dual SONION 38D1x's is sublime, both quality and quantity being among the best I have ever heard.

Mids are handled by 4 Knowles drivers, not sure about the model , but that is irrelevant, they have the perfect balance of forwardness and lushness of vocal playback , with the detail retrieval capability that never shows the negatives of BA tonality.

As for the Treble it's extended, mature and highly refined, once again matching the remainder of the frequency response in a velvety smooth presentation.

I should mention that I did most of the first impressions with my Frankenstein DAC / Amp combo....Topping NX 7 + Colorfly M1P and also the Fiio Q15.
The sinergy in either one was flawless but the Q15 is for me end game level, simply incredible how it extracts the very best from IEMs.

To conclude my first impressions, the Halo has traits of the Volt and 10th Anniversary.
It gets the smoothness and musicality of the Volt with the fun engaging excitement of the 10th Anniversary.

It's one of the very few times I can say that it's price tag is "justified", at 1999usd it's something few will afford, but if you are at least blessed with the opportunity to hear it, please do, you won't be disappointed.
Check pm...

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #1,829 of 2,420
Eager for more details on this one :p

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #1,830 of 2,420
Here are some details about TSMR X:

1705684211520.png

2 DD+ 4 BA + 1 custom film retarding driver Hybrid IEM

Driver configuration
One side with 7 drivers, both sides total 14 drivers
Low frequency: 2 x 8mm strong magnet dynamic, hollow coaxial structure, Carbon mixed diaphragm
Mid frequency: 2 x Knowles balanced armature
High frequency: 2 x Sonion balanced armature
Full frequency effect: 1 x custom film retarding driver (this driver is detachable design, frequent disassembly is not recommended)

Frequency response: 5-30kHz
Impedance: 10Ω
Sensitivity: 103dB

Low frequency control switch settings

Default standard tuning mode is 020, recommended to use this mode as a reference.
20 x frequency division elements on both sides make the accurate and scientific tuning.
Bass enhancement (100 Mode), control factor: 0.51
Standard tuning (020 Mode), control factor: 1.0
Low frequency attenuation (003 Mode), control factor: 1.47
*The higher the control factor, the lower the low frequency energy.
*All switches are turned off to NO BASS mode.
*0 indicates that the switch is closed downward, and 1/2/3 indicates that the switch is opened upward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back