Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #2,386 of 2,408
I find there’s something in the mids or treble that leads to fatigue after a few hours of listening. I have not tried EQ to specifically figure out what frequencies are causing me trouble. I’d just say if your hearing is like mine I probably would not suggest enhancing upper frequencies.
My guess is that the slightly recessed mids (compared to the treble and bass) causes your long term fatique. But I totally agree that it isn't a good idea to enhance the upper frequencies on this iem.

I also wouldn't recommend buying an iem that one believes has some sort of flawed frequency response and that you can fix it with a cable. Cables do make subtle and occaisionally important changes, but they won't repair fundamental flaws in a iem's frequency response.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #2,387 of 2,408
My guess is that the slightly recessed mids (compared to the treble and bass) causes your long term fatique. But I totally agree that it isn't a good idea to enhance the upper frequencies on this iem.

I also wouldn't recommend buying an iem that one believes has some sort of flawed frequency response and that you can fix it with a cable. Cables do make subtle and occaisionally important changes, but they won't repair fundamental flaws in a iem's frequency response.
Many people say that the X out of the box sounds like 💩 , but the burn in process and the cable changing....:)

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #2,388 of 2,408
Many people say that the X out of the box sounds like 💩 , but the burn in process and the cable changing....:)
That isn't what I remember most people saying, especially the ears that I trust ( especially mine 😁). It sounds great out of the box and improves as it burns in. The cable that comes with the X is fine, and other cables make subtle changes. But the nature of describing those changes in words makes a bigger deal out of it than it is. If you believe the X is bad out of the box and that a cable is absolutely necessary to fix the frequency response, I would advise against ordering one. However, I can say based on my experience the X is awesome from day 1, with the stock cable. I have changed the cable to one I preferred a little bit more. But no cable is going to fundamentally fix an iem. YMMV

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #2,389 of 2,408
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #2,390 of 2,408
As they say, there is always a first time for everything. As for me, this brand. Here are some early impressions.
IMG20240403172425.jpg

• bass is on another level. One of the cleanest bass ive heard. Its as if it has its own space everytime. Tbh, the quantity of bass here is a bit too much for my taste but the realism of bass guitars and drum kicks are too good! It's impossible to not love this kind of detailed lows.
• texture is well defined. Instruments have that grit and detail but not sounding too edgy.
• separation and layering is sublime. Every element has its own space for it to be heard.
• fit is a bit tricky. Have to find a more suitable size of eartip. My usual go to M size didn't work. I have to switch to S size to get proper seal. One might need to consider adjusting to different size than your usual go to.
• vocals is not forward or recessed. Just rightly placed.
• i can hear some extra reverberation similar to how BC driver present. I think this is due to the vented drivers.
• stock cable doesn't have L or R indication.
• detail retrieval is amazing. Underlying overtones of percussive instruments that I've not heard before are brought to light.
• instrument placing is spot on. Each has their own place on the stage presentation.
• has a sense of 3d sound presentation
• timbre is accurate and proper. I can even hear and dissect the bass guitar from the drum kick.
• lows are punchy but not edgy. Realism.
• instrument separation can rival even my TOTL Mest mkiii.

I'm excited to review these to the fullest! Would like to thank some people for the loaner unit and giving me the opportunity to hear these puppies. Eiji Zerstorer Romero and Sandeep Agarwal of Audio Geek "Brother_Hood of Audiophiles" and Penon Audio for giving the Philippine group a chance to hear your gears!

I shall enjoy these for 2 weeks. 😎😎 Cheers!

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #2,391 of 2,408
Hello,

I'm dropping by to say I've been listening to the TSMR-X on this cable after using the XINHS, and I prefer it also, as it can be purchased with added length.

Graphene 7N OCC Shielding Coaxial Mixed Earphone Cable For 0.78mm BA Westone W4r UM3X UM3RC JH13 High Step 4 core 1.8mm LN007789
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msrnI0e
I got excited by you comparing those two cables since I already had the dharmasteve xinhs copper/silver one.. I noticed a bit of brightness with that cable so ordered the graphene 7n occ 4 core cable you linked and sure enough it does seem to somehow make the highs less bright while also increasing general clarity! I'm super happy with it. and I'm not even a big cable believer

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #2,392 of 2,408
Using a PWA #5 cable with my X. Almost burnt in and a very happy owner.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #2,393 of 2,408
I got excited by you comparing those two cables since I already had the dharmasteve xinhs copper/silver one.. I noticed a bit of brightness with that cable so ordered the graphene 7n occ 4 core cable you linked and sure enough it does seem to somehow make the highs less bright while also increasing general clarity! I'm super happy with it. and I'm not even a big cable believer
I wasn't also, but the TSMR-X is susceptible to cables._ Now I'm finding myself looking more into other cables 😆

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #2,394 of 2,408
I wasn't also, but the TSMR-X is susceptible to cables._ Now I'm finding myself looking more into other cables 😆
Welcome to the club ! Before I got the TSMR-X , I did not believed in cables changing the sound. Now I do.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #2,397 of 2,408
Just received my Tansio Mirai X today 🤪🤩
The unboxing experience was great, nothing special here. The storage box is quite small but that's ok.
IMG_20240405_162658.jpg

IMG_20240405_162823.jpg

I listened to them for a while and they sounded great right out of the box. With the switch on balanced the amount of bass is almost on the level of Neo 5. Still have to find better fit with my eartips but now it's burning time.
Just received a small gift from Penon for their anniversary - GD849 cable 🙂
IMG_20240405_163206.jpg

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #2,399 of 2,408
how to use this 'driver' and how it affects the sound ?
The only difference I've found is that if you completely remove it, all bass goes away. Anywhere between fully in and fully out doesn't seem to make a difference, so apparently fully In gives the IEM to correct amount of venting the IEM needs to sound right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back