Takstar Pro 82/GM200 Review, impressions and discussion thread

Which headphones do you want Pro 82 to be compared with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 11, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #1,726 of 4,538
The only "unfair" part is comparing a portable closed headphone with an open full-size one.
Pricing is often irrelevant - https://www.innerfidelity.com/conte...headphone-frequency-response-and-retail-price

I'm talking specifically in this case, the K712s performance more or less correlates with it's price in comparison to the Pro 82, at least for my usage scenarios. I even prefer the K712s over more expensive headphones but that's another story.
I'm all for paying less and getting more, but there's a reason why they're differently priced.

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #1,727 of 4,538
OMG, cant believe I actually won in that lottery that Takstar posted a month ago! I was so busy with school...I answered their e-mail on aliexpress late, but they still were able to give me the prize :)

Ended up going with the smsl idea since I dont have a little amp like that...thank you to Takstar for the giveaway! Ive hardly ever won a giveaway until recently in my life...but this is the biggest one :p

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #1,728 of 4,538
OMG, cant believe I actually won in that lottery that Takstar posted a month ago! I was so busy with school...I answered their e-mail on aliexpress late, but they still were able to give me the prize :)

Ended up going with the smsl idea since I dont have a little amp like that...thank you to Takstar for the giveaway! Ive hardly ever won a giveaway until recently in my life...but this is the biggest one :p
Congrats! :beerchug:

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #1,729 of 4,538

Congratulations! :beers:
I wonder what the other 2 winners got - can you guys/girls share?

P.S. The lottery was by the TakstarAudio store, not Takstar :jecklinsmile:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...g-K-song-game-stereo-headset/32808454492.html
That's why it included 2 prizes that are not made by Takstar.
Don't forget that you can always get a Head-Fi discount at TakstarAudio (see the first post for details on how to apply).
65$ for Pro 82, including the gorgeous silver one - rarity at the moment.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #1,731 of 4,538
If I were to only buy one of the following without buying an additional amp, which one is better;
SMSL iDEA, Sabaj DA2 or Sabaj Da3
My Sabaj DA2 is on the way, maybe will arrive in 2-3 days. It's identical with SMSL Idea down to the smallest resistor, so most likely they sound the same. Sabaj DA3 uses the same DAC chip but two of them, one for each channel. I don't know if this will improve the sound, but i think it wont sounds much different due to the same DAC chip.

My suggestion is buy the Sabaj DA2. But others will have their own opinions.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #1,732 of 4,538
If I were to only buy one of the following without buying an additional amp, which one is better;
SMSL iDEA, Sabaj DA2 or Sabaj Da3

SMSL Idea if you want more "audiophile" sound, DA3 if you want an extra bass boost with Pro 82 (due to impedance mismatch).
Keep the Idea at max volume and control volume from the source.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #1,735 of 4,538
How high is the output impedance on da3 and how big is the bass boost? I'm curious because my amp has 9ohm output impedance.
10 Ohm, bass boost is definitely felt, but it's not too big.

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #1,736 of 4,538
Hi everyone, excuse me, I'm new here. I was wanting to buy the Hyperx Cloud II but I discovered that it was based on the Takstar Pro 80, and then I find this thread. I am looking forward to the Pro 82 because you guys speak very well of these, they are going to be my first headphones

Can someone confirm which Aliexpress stores are reliable and original. I can not buy at TakstarAudio Store because they do not have shipping to my country

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #1,737 of 4,538
Hi everyone, excuse me, I'm new here. I was wanting to buy the Hyperx Cloud II but I discovered that it was based on the Takstar Pro 80, and then I find this thread. I am looking forward to the Pro 82 because you guys speak very well of these, they are going to be my first headphones

Can someone confirm which Aliexpress stores are reliable and original. I can not buy at TakstarAudio Store because they do not have shipping to my country
If you'll contact TakstarAudio, they will probably open shipping to your country
upload_2018-4-13_1-50-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-13_0-23-4.png
    upload_2018-4-13_0-23-4.png
    7 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2018-4-13_1-49-50.png
    upload_2018-4-13_1-49-50.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #1,738 of 4,538

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1241205 did good for me. Quick and cheap.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,740 of 4,538
SMSL Idea if you want more "audiophile" sound, DA3 if you want an extra bass boost with Pro 82 (due to impedance mismatch).
Keep the Idea at max volume and control volume from the source.

I still don't get it why must buy the more expensive one while we can get the exact same product with much lower price. That extra $15 just to pick a color is beyond me. Maybe because I'm poor...

Probably somewhere in this thread.....................but it's 116 pages !!!!
Is the Pro 82 better than the HI 2050?
And better than the ATH M50x?

Pro 82 is waaaayyy better than HI 2050. I have the HI 2050, Pro 80, and Pro 82. Pro 82 is the best among them. I don't know about the M50x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back