Tagging One Album with MULTIPLE GENRES? Is this possible? (Foobar/Android)
Dec 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

compoopers

500+ Head-Fier
I use foobar2000. I want to tag my music (FLAC and MP3) with genres. I do not use playlists, I just listen to my music through what genre I feel like I want to listen to.

Some songs are more than one genre. For instance, Promise in Love by Jose James is both Jazz and hip hop.

I have tagged as follows:
Album 1 tagged as "Jazz"
Album 2 tagged as "Jazz; Hip Hop"

When I search "jazz" with quicksearch, only album 1 comes up. Because for some reason, foobar interprets "jazz; hip hop" as a singular tag rather than two separate ones. So if I literally searched "jazz; hip hop" album 2 would come up. That's no good. I want Album 2 to show up when I search Jazz OR search Hip Hop.

So how do I tag my music with multiple genres? Clearly using a semicolon doesn't do the job. This also applies for music players on android. None of them (PowerAMP, google play music) seem to support the semicolon multiple genre tag.

Thanks

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 2
I just tested it in foobar 2000 and it works fine. I changed an album from just "Rock" to "Rock; Blues" and now it shows up in the blues genre also. I'm using foobar version 1.1.18. Are you using the latest version? Maybe there's some other problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back