T5p 2nd - Holographic 3D 🤔??
Nov 18, 2020 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
Nearly every review I've read mentions a 3D holographic sound. What exactly does this mean? I've heard quite a few people state that they have a chambered hallway echo effect... An artificial character. This is the only thing that's keeping me from sourcing them. I'd appreciate some feedback from owners or previous owners on this topic. Thanks

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 7
Stereo: left to right on a straight line
3d: next to stereo also locate-able sounds from front to back, top to bottom and any combination in between. If you can hear a sound in the distance, or behind other sounds: that's it.
I'm one that always noticed the echo, though I rather describe it as a reverb. It gives the feeling of having plastic drinking cups placed over your ears while listening, though that effect is very discrete.

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 7
Stereo: left to right on a straight line
3d: next to stereo also locate-able sounds from front to back, top to bottom and any combination in between. If you can hear a sound in the distance, or behind other sounds: that's it.
I'm one that always noticed the echo, though I rather describe it as a reverb. It gives the feeling of having plastic drinking cups placed over your ears while listening, though that effect is very discrete.
Did you find it annoying or inviting? So it's minimal, but detectable?

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 7
Always annoying :) I love everything about the t5p gen.2 except for the pads and that reverb issue.
I like the Kennerton Magni a lot more, though it doesn't isolate nearly as well as the t5p does.
Tell me how you really feel haha. I'll read up on the Magni. Still interested in the Teaks, just a little concerned that the mids might be a little too recessed.

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Did you find it annoying or inviting? So it's minimal, but detectable?

I can confirm, that it is detectable. Sometimes is there is the feeling, that the sound plays in a small/midsize room. Especially voices are often positioned away from you in the back of the room.
It goes away, when you Equalize the 2.3 to 3 Khz section with +5-6 db. An Equalizer is needed to reduce the 10Khz band by 8-10db anyhow.
If use the Beyerdynamic DT1990pad, the sound and comfort are getting little bit better.
The Dekoni choice elite pads are fantastic for the comfort, but they are enhancing the bass and making the highs a little fuzzy.

From my experience with the T5P ver2. The tesla drivers are reacting great to the equalizer withOUT causing distortion. (sorry typo)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 7
I can confirm, that it is detectable. Sometimes is there is the feeling, that the sound plays in a small/midsize room. Especially voices are often positioned away from you in the back of the room.
It goes away, when you Equalize the 2.3 to 3 Khz section with +5-6 db. An Equalizer is needed to reduce the 10Khz band by 8-10db anyhow.
If use the Beyerdynamic DT1990pad, the sound and comfort are getting little bit better.
The Dekoni choice elite pads are fantastic for the comfort, but they are enhancing the bass and making the highs a little fuzzy.

From my experience with the T5P ver2. The tesla drivers are reacting great to the equalizer with causing distortion.
Thank you for the response 👌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back