T1: anything better than WA2?
Mar 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

realmassy

Headphoneus Supremus
As per title, I'm thinking of a new amp to replace my WA3. It will drive a T1 (soon), DT880@600ohm, HD650 and maybe HD800.
Budget is about £1000, slightly more than 1500 USD. My source is a Havana with Bendix 6385.
I listen mainly to classical, with a 15% of jazz.
The amp must good enough to keep me away from an upgrade in the next couple of years!

My obvious preference is for the WA2, but I'm now thinking of the Apex Peak, which should be a better match for lower impedance headphones. Question is, will be still good with the T1?

Any other alternative?

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 6
Of all the amps I've heard with the T1s, the best one was the WA2 by a good margin. Being 600 ohm headphones, the T1s are ideal for an OTL amp...and the WA2/T1 is a very magical pairing. Very much like the MAD Ear+HD and RS1i.
smile.gif

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 6
I preferred the WA2 over the Apex Peak for the T1.  The WA2 synergizes really well with the T1, as Peter said.  

Mar 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm not going to mention the 'C' word. Oh, OK - Cavalli. And, no, I havent heard the thing either - its just a figment of a few showgoers fevered imagination.

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I preferred the WA2 over the Apex Peak for the T1.  The WA2 synergizes really well with the T1, as Peter said.  

Thanks for your reply Skylab, especially because you had the chance to listen to both the amps.
And thanks to MacedonianHero...If you google for Tesla T1 your posts are always on top of the search result. You should know these headphones very well :)

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
And thanks to MacedonianHero...If you google for Tesla T1 your posts are always on top of the search result. You should know these headphones very well :)

eek.gif

I've had them for 14 months (still digging them very much thank you) and I'm proudly the first Canadian owner (according to the Canadian distributer).
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back